Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hue Jackson to the Browns

Featured Replies

Before this season a 3rd round pick probably would have been about right. However after this season, then no way I would trade him for anything less than a 1st round pick if I would even trade him at all.

 

Are you saying the Bengals would get a 1st for him or that you wouldnt trade him unless it was a 1st?

  • Replies 63
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before this season a 3rd round pick probably would have been about right. However after this season, then no way I would trade him for anything less than a 1st round pick if I would even trade him at all.

 

Are you saying the Bengals would get a 1st for him or that you wouldnt trade him unless it was a 1st?

 

Just don't see anyone giving up a 1 even with that team friendly contract.

Just don't see anyone giving up a 1 even with that team friendly contract.

 

I would think it depends on the team. A team like the Browns? Absolutely not. Way too many holes. The Texans? They'd probably strongly consider it.

Just don't see anyone giving up a 1 even with that team friendly contract.

 

I would think it depends on the team. A team like the Browns? Absolutely not. Way too many holes. The Texans? They'd probably strongly consider it.

 

If he is traded for anything higher than a 3rd that team is crazy. If he is traded it will be for a 3-4 round pick max.

Are you saying the Bengals would get a 1st for him or that you wouldnt trade him unless it was a 1st?

 

Just don't see anyone giving up a 1 even with that team friendly contract.

 

If he is traded for anything higher than a 3rd that team is crazy. If he is traded it will be for a 3-4 round pick max.

 

There are a lot of bad starting QB's in the league, and many teams know that even if you draft a QB in the first round there have been more QB's that have failed than worked out. So yes I do think some teams would give up a 1st round pick for Dalton. Which I am the Bengals I would not trade Dalton right now even if offered a 1st round pick. I wouldn't trade McCarron either unless it was for a 1st round pick, however I would trade McCarron now if somehow someone offered a 1st round pick. I wouldn't trade McCarron for anything less right now. I think you roll into next year with both QB's with Dalton as the starter obviously.

Poor Hue. Could a guy possibly walk into more dysfunctional situations than the Raiders and the Browns? :lol2:

 

You guys have a short memory. Someone walked into Cincinnati and said "Yes" to Mike Brown. He was known to be a pretty dysfunctional owner and their W-L record was pretty poor in the 90's.

 

I mentioned it before I wouldn't trade McCarron unless a team would give up a 1st round pick for him. So yes this would be a great trade, however considering he already did that once to get Palmer. I doubt he will do it again lol.

 

What glue have you been sniffin'? I'm sure it wasn't Elmer's. McCarron is not worth a 1st round draft choice by any stretch of the imagination, even one that's in the midst of a hallucination. The Bengals selected him in the 5th round. He isn't gonna garner much more than that by way of trade.

 

Back to Hue, it appears he liked Cleveland better than the Giants since he didn't even go to hear what NY had to say.

 

Before the Browns got to hiring a HC, Haslem had hired a couple of front office guys. One was an analytics guru that most of us have heard about. The other guy was a salary cap expert, Sashi Brown, but when Haslem announced his hire he said this guy would be in charge of the 53 man roster. What?! Lots of discussion in Cleveland about what that means.

 

Most of the discussion was, what HC candidate would want to leave the personnel decisions to a salary cap attorney? And what potential GM would come to Cleveland unless he had the say-so over the roster? Those questions are still unanswered.

 

I don't understand what Haslem was doing or what he meant in saying what he said. I will be interested to hear what Hue Jackson agreed to and whether he asked for more control of football decisions. He is going to have to be able to collaborate with others, unlike a Belichick type. Any way, Haslem needs to further explain the chain of command and who is in charge of what. Apparently, it was a system Jackson thinks he can work in and be successful.

I think there are coaches who think they can handle both jobs. Most cannot. Chip Kelly's one who couldn't. Maybe Hue said he didn't need full control. Any front office guy who doesn't take a coaches input is stupid and won't be around long.

You guys have a short memory. Someone walked into Cincinnati and said "Yes" to Mike Brown. He was known to be a pretty dysfunctional owner and their W-L record was pretty poor in the 90's.

 

 

 

What glue have you been sniffin'? I'm sure it wasn't Elmer's. McCarron is not worth a 1st round draft choice by any stretch of the imagination, even one that's in the midst of a hallucination. The Bengals selected him in the 5th round. He isn't gonna garner much more than that by way of trade.

 

Back to Hue, it appears he liked Cleveland better than the Giants since he didn't even go to hear what NY had to say.

 

Before the Browns got to hiring a HC, Haslem had hired a couple of front office guys. One was an analytics guru that most of us have heard about. The other guy was a salary cap expert, Sashi Brown, but when Haslem announced his hire he said this guy would be in charge of the 53 man roster. What?! Lots of discussion in Cleveland about what that means.

 

Most of the discussion was, what HC candidate would want to leave the personnel decisions to a salary cap attorney? And what potential GM would come to Cleveland unless he had the say-so over the roster? Those questions are still unanswered.

 

I don't understand what Haslem was doing or what he meant in saying what he said. I will be interested to hear what Hue Jackson agreed to and whether he asked for more control of football decisions. He is going to have to be able to collaborate with others, unlike a Belichick type. Any way, Haslem needs to further explain the chain of command and who is in charge of what. Apparently, it was a system Jackson thinks he can work in and be successful.

 

Did I say a team would trade a first round pick for him? Nope? So maybe you been sniffing that glue you talked about, and messed up your reading skills. :D

 

That would be the only way I would trade McCarron. Meaning that I am against just trading him just to trade him. You trade him for anything less than a first round pick and its a mistake. The Bengals are not the Browns and don't need to require all these extra draft picks. So getting a second or third for McCarron doesn't help much, considering they would no longer have a backup qb who can start and do well. It just is not worth it. A team won't offer a first round pick for him, so basically I am saying don't trade him.

Keep AJ, give him Andy for a 3rd

 

This is a total irresponsible post. Andy had 2nd highest QBR this year. More importantly he has a group of guys that believe in him and will follow him. Keep AJ, too. Great potential and currently cheap, which Mike likes.

This is a total irresponsible post. Andy had 2nd highest QBR this year. More importantly he has a group of guys that believe in him and will follow him. Keep AJ, too. Great potential and currently cheap, which Mike likes.

 

Guess you missed all those holes we need to fill. Get value now while it's high Add a high pick or picks, dump the contract even if it is team friendly. AJ is capable of running this team.

 

What are you going to get for McCarron of you trade him? Keep him on the bench, he loses value. Wait a couple years and you either have to franchise him or let him walk.

 

I'd take my chances with keeping AJ and trading Dalton. Green doesn't care if it's AJ or Andy as long as he's winning and getting the ball. McCarrons arm is better too

Guess you missed all those holes we need to fill. Get value now while it's high Add a high pick or picks, dump the contract even if it is team friendly. AJ is capable of running this team.

 

What are you going to get for McCarron of you trade him? Keep him on the bench, he loses value. Wait a couple years and you either have to franchise him or let him walk.

 

I'd take my chances with keeping AJ and trading Dalton. Green doesn't care if it's AJ or Andy as long as he's winning and getting the ball. McCarrons arm is better too

 

Not a Bengals fan but there are so many things wrong here. McCarrons value is not as high as you guys think. Will not get a 1st or 2nd. If there was a desperate team maybe, MAYBE a 3rd. You absolutely keep him on the bench. He is servicable, look at the Cowboys situation this year. Romo went down and that team was a dumpster. Franchise QB's do not grow on trees. The way the game revolves around QB's right now makes it so critical that you have one. You have one of those QB's in Dalton. Some may not like him but he is a franchise QB and a pretty solid one at that.

Not a Bengals fan but there are so many things wrong here. McCarrons value is not as high as you guys think. Will not get a 1st or 2nd. If there was a desperate team maybe, MAYBE a 3rd. You absolutely keep him on the bench. He is servicable, look at the Cowboys situation this year. Romo went down and that team was a dumpster. Franchise QB's do not grow on trees. The way the game revolves around QB's right now makes it so critical that you have one. You have one of those QB's in Dalton. Some may not like him but he is a franchise QB and a pretty solid one at that.

 

I'm not an Andy hater. I'm only talking about trading either because of an earlier post. I'm good with keeping both. But if you're trading one, I'm in the trade Andy boat. I agree you're getting nothing for AJ.

 

I think the Bengals have done a fantastic job with roster mgmt over the last 5-7 years.

So disappointed...I opened this thread while scanning the new topics, and thought I was going to be reading about Hugh Jackman. My bad...carry on.

I'm not an Andy hater. I'm only talking about trading either because of an earlier post. I'm good with keeping both. But if you're trading one, I'm in the trade Andy boat. I agree you're getting nothing for AJ.

 

I think the Bengals have done a fantastic job with roster mgmt over the last 5-7 years.

 

Gotcha. On the bolded, agreed. Probably one of the best in the biz over that time.

Josh Gordon will never play another down in th nfl.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.