WashPo runs editoral cartoon showing Ted Cruz's children as Monkeys .

hidinout

Not there is any liberal bias or anything of the sort .. lady that drew it was a former Pulitizer Prize winner . Is there anything about conservatives that liberals wont attack ? And they question who poison's the political atmosphere ? Sad really .

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im surprised Joel Pett did not draw it. Ok Dems who supported Pett when he drew Bevins childrens cartoon, whats your take? Is it fair to draw pics of candidates children, but cry foul if Trump says Hillary got "schlonged"? Really?

Edited by Jesse James

PC Police, society is soft, easily offended, social justice warriors, get over it, etc.

I would agree if this was the case on both sides. Again, imagine the reaction if it had been the Obama girls. Look at the feigned indignation TTP has put forth in the thread regarding Trump's comments about Hillary.

All true but you just can't bring children into this.

Don't take me literally, I agree with rockmom. Just summarized the responses to another thread to point out one person's "PC censorship" is another person's decency.

Watching CNN it seems as if both sides are bashing the paper for running this.

True! Also, people need to 1) do a little research as you did to see the reaction of the "other side", and 2) give people time to react, this is a busy week ;). I didn't hear of this or see it until I opened this thread, so it may not be that people don't care, they just don't know about it yet.

Yes it's wrong, but if it was Obama and his daughters as monkeys, that would border on the lines of racism considering how monkeys are sometimes used to mock black people.

BUT, what's wrong with kids doing this for their parents? I wouldn't expect kids not to help out their parents.

Spouses should be off limits too, but look at what some say about Mrs. Obama. Kids, spouses, all should be treated very easily and a lot of thought should go into anything said about either.

Now if the kids are adults and get into some type of trouble some may see it as being ok to say something or mock them, not saying it's right. When Rand Paul's son got in trouble a couple of years ago, my comment was somewhat like "who cares?" What I meant was that it's not really news worthy, even the best of parents have some type of issues with their kids at times.

This just shows how hateful people have become these days. Both sides have people who will resort to bringing up kids and or spouses.

In matter of fact, all relatives should really be left alone.

True! Also, people need to 1) do a little research as you did to see the reaction of the "other side", and 2) give people time to react, this is a busy week ;). I didn't hear of this or see it until I opened this thread, so it may not be that people don't care, they just don't know about it yet.

Yes it's wrong, but if it was Obama and his daughters as monkeys, that would border on the lines of racism considering how monkeys are sometimes used to mock black people.

BUT, what's wrong with kids doing this for their parents? I wouldn't expect kids not to help out their parents.

Spouses should be off limits too, but look at what some say about Mrs. Obama. Kids, spouses, all should be treated very easily and a lot of thought should go into anything said about either.

Now if the kids are adults and get into some type of trouble some may see it as being ok to say something or mock them, not saying it's right. When Rand Paul's son got in trouble a couple of years ago, my comment was somewhat like "who cares?" What I meant was that it's not really news worthy, even the best of parents have some type of issues with their kids at times.

This just shows how hateful people have become these days. Both sides have people who will resort to bringing up kids and or spouses.

In matter of fact, all relatives should really be left alone.

Only if the spouse stays uninvolved. Michelle, by saying stupid thing during Barry's candidacy opened herself up for whatever she gets. Same is true for any spouse of a candidate.