Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 46 Holmes 44

Featured Replies

Final

 

Holmes led 42-37 with 2 mins left but couldn't finish the Jags off.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Was told this game was tied with 7 seconds left. Green misses front end of one and one, Cooper scores, McClendon gets shot partially blocked at buzzer. Ball game.

Cooper was up by 2 with 7 seconds left after 2 free throws by Hendrix. Greene missed the front end of the 1 and 1 prior to Hendrix getting fouled. McClendons drive to the basket was highly contested and rebounded by Cooper. Congrats to both teams.

Pretty good ball game, I don't think either team played there best. McNeil got in some foul trouble and had to sit awhile. This region may be as open as it has ever been. Horrible crowd at Holmes tonight considering both schools are traditionally strong in basketball.

Pretty good ball game, I don't think either team played there best. McNeil got in some foul trouble and had to sit awhile. This region may be as open as it has ever been. Horrible crowd at Holmes tonight considering both schools are traditionally strong in basketball.

The region is only wide open in terms of second best, CCH is becoming the team to beat.

The region is only wide open in terms of second best, CCH is becoming the team to beat.

 

I agree.

CCH is not the best team in the 9th. Cooper has already beaten them and that win could and should have been more than what it was. I wonder how honest people speak here as opposed to just wishing your team be ranked number one. Seems to be a lot of CCH Holy Homers on here. You can have CCH, I'll take Holy Cross, Cooper, NCC in that order.

CCH is not the best team in the 9th. Cooper has already beaten them and that win could and should have been more than what it was. I wonder how honest people speak here as opposed to just wishing your team be ranked number one. Seems to be a lot of CCH Holy Homers on here. You can have CCH, I'll take Holy Cross, Cooper, NCC in that order.

 

There's no doubt that this season the 9th Region is tight and competitive with a good handful of teams that could end up wearing the 9th Region crown when it's all said and done.

 

If Cooper beating CovCath the first game of the season is your measuring stick, then that's your call.

 

Cooper has a fine team as does Holy Cross, NewCath, Newport, Holmes, and Conner. A case can be made for everyone of those teams, give or take a few details here and there, and that's probably clear to most anyone who's following the region.

 

I wouldn't go as far as saying that CovCath is heads and shoulders above any of them, but there's something about their discipline, coaching, talent, and depth of their bench that hints of a team quickly growing and leaving behind the obstacles that had them losing that first game to Cooper.

 

Win or lose, it helps too that they've scheduled some stiffer competition than perhaps many other teams in the region has, which can only help to make them a stronger tougher team in the long run.

 

Certainly all the other teams will likely improve as well as the season progresses, so even in a couple of months I don't expect to see too huge of a gap between any of them barring any injuries.

 

Each team has played some tough ball so far this season displaying that anyone of the top 7 could beat one another on any given night.

 

I've really not heard anyone making an absolute strong case that hands down CCH is no doubt the best, but there's enough reason to see how they look like the team to beat even while not being miles above everyone else.

 

The month of January will be very telling as the Colonels will face Conner, Holy Cross, NewCath, and Holmes. The upcoming game against Holy Cross on Jan 12th especially is of interest to me to see just where those two teams are in relationship with each other.

CCH is not the best team in the 9th. Cooper has already beaten them and that win could and should have been more than what it was. I wonder how honest people speak here as opposed to just wishing your team be ranked number one. Seems to be a lot of CCH Holy Homers on here. You can have CCH, I'll take Holy Cross, Cooper, NCC in that order.

 

 

I will but you lunch if you ever see @Danny wearing CCH gear.

There is no clear cut #1 team in the 9th. It's funny how the Cooper win over CCH gets discredited with "it was the first game of the year". Well I'll ask the question of how many football players in that game for CCH started with only 1 week of practice and hadn't touched a basketball since last season? Cooper had 2 along with the 6th man and they beat CCH 13 and it could have been 20. So what does all that mean? Absolutely nothing!! There is parity in this region and for someone to assume that all others are playing for 2nd place behind CCH, or any other team, clearly has their teams colored glasses on.

Where this notion of CCH "superior" coaching comes from boggles my mind and it's quite funny. Last I checked this region had some pretty darn good coaches outside of CCH.

Holy Cross is the hottest team right now and they may or may not be that way come late February and March, remains to be seen.

How about sitting back and enjoying the ride because there isn't going to any tickets punched to Rupp in December.

There is no clear cut #1 team in the 9th. It's funny how the Cooper win over CCH gets discredited with "it was the first game of the year". Well I'll ask the question of how many football players in that game for CCH started with only 1 week of practice and hadn't touched a basketball since last season? Cooper had 2 along with the 6th man and they beat CCH 13 and it could have been 20. So what does all that mean? Absolutely nothing!! There is parity in this region and for someone to assume that all others are playing for 2nd place behind CCH, or any other team, clearly has their teams colored glasses on.

Where this notion of CCH "superior" coaching comes from boggles my mind and it's quite funny. Last I checked this region had some pretty darn good coaches outside of CCH.

Holy Cross is the hottest team right now and they may or may not be that way come late February and March, remains to be seen.

How about sitting back and enjoying the ride because there isn't going to any tickets punched to Rupp in December.

 

Nuff said......

There is no clear cut #1 team in the 9th. It's funny how the Cooper win over CCH gets discredited with "it was the first game of the year". Well I'll ask the question of how many football players in that game for CCH started with only 1 week of practice and hadn't touched a basketball since last season? Cooper had 2 along with the 6th man and they beat CCH 13 and it could have been 20. So what does all that mean? Absolutely nothing!! There is parity in this region and for someone to assume that all others are playing for 2nd place behind CCH, or any other team, clearly has their teams colored glasses on.

Where this notion of CCH "superior" coaching comes from boggles my mind and it's quite funny. Last I checked this region had some pretty darn good coaches outside of CCH.

Holy Cross is the hottest team right now and they may or may not be that way come late February and March, remains to be seen.

How about sitting back and enjoying the ride because there isn't going to any tickets punched to Rupp in December.

 

Crediting CovCath's coaching should not be viewed, and was not meant to be understood that there aren't any other good coaches in the 9th Region. Certainly there are, and that's your accusational leap, and not what was said, and was only part of the reason that I agreed with Danny about them looking like the team to beat, as with it I mentioned talent, discipline and depth of bench, as well as strength in schedule which can have a huge effect on a team becoming tougher through mightier challenges.

 

I'll assume that you read my entire post, and I have no problem agreeing with you that there is no clear cut #1 team in the 9th, and I pretty much think that I covered that in my last post by recognizing 7 teams that cases could be made for.

 

If you comprehended what I was expressing I think you'd understand that I found the region's top 7 to be pretty close, and was giving a slight edge to CovCath for the various reasons I had stated.

 

Somehow your perception of what was said took it as if anyone was saying CovCath was heads and shoulders above the other teams in the Region, and this is simply not the case, nor was anyone emphatically trying to say as such, though you are emphatically giving rebuttal as if anyone had.

 

Most would agree that there are 7 close in strength teams in the 9th Region and certainly anything can happen. Reading anymore into it than that is simply just splitting hairs in an attempt to dispute very close agreed upon perceptions.

"I wouldn't go as far as saying that CovCath is heads and shoulders above any of them, but there's something about their discipline, coaching, talent, and depth of their bench that hints of a team quickly growing and leaving behind the obstacles that had them losing that first game to Cooper."

 

It's your "but" statement that sends the wrong message. What proof or thought do you have that Cooper, HC, NCC or any of the other teams lack "discipline, coaching, talent, and depth of their bench"? I see that as your opinion which is fine and dandy, but that opinion only makes a team which you think may be the only team to posses those traits better than any other in thought of the person giving it. I agree with Mr.Sixer, there is no true top team in the 9th, that will all be decided later down the line.

"I wouldn't go as far as saying that CovCath is heads and shoulders above any of them, but there's something about their discipline, coaching, talent, and depth of their bench that hints of a team quickly growing and leaving behind the obstacles that had them losing that first game to Cooper."

 

It's your "but" statement that sends the wrong message. What proof or thought do you have that Cooper, HC, NCC or any of the other teams lack "discipline, coaching, talent, and depth of their bench"? I see that as your opinion which is fine and dandy, but that opinion only makes a team which you think may be the only team to posses those traits better than any other in thought of the person giving it. I agree with Mr.Sixer, there is no true top team in the 9th, that will all be decided later down the line.

 

100% dead on. THIS and if you go back to several post in the CCH vs. Cooper thread where there were several comments made about superior coaching and how CCH would win by 10+.

The road to March is long and no team is "that" superior to anyone frankly as there are probably 7 teams that could walk away with the title. However everyone is entitled to their opinion, even in December.

"I wouldn't go as far as saying that CovCath is heads and shoulders above any of them, but there's something about their discipline, coaching, talent, and depth of their bench that hints of a team quickly growing and leaving behind the obstacles that had them losing that first game to Cooper."

 

It's your "but" statement that sends the wrong message. What proof or thought do you have that Cooper, HC, NCC or any of the other teams lack "discipline, coaching, talent, and depth of their bench"? I see that as your opinion which is fine and dandy, but that opinion only makes a team which you think may be the only team to posses those traits better than any other in thought of the person giving it. I agree with Mr.Sixer, there is no true top team in the 9th, that will all be decided later down the line.

 

I agree with Mr. Sixer and you that there is no true top team in the 9th, and that will all be decided later on down the line, and if both of you might've noticed, I've already stated as much more than once, and even before either of you did.

 

Crediting Covcath with the elements that make them a tough team was not discrediting other teams for their strengths in discipline, coaching, talent, and depth, and again just like Mr. Sixer is an accusational leap on your part for assuming as much, and is not what was said.

 

Danny commented that CovCath was "becoming" the team in the 9th to beat, and though there are lots of teams that have thus far impressed me immensely, I can't say that I disagree with him on this.

 

I'm only talking about a slight edge here, and as I said in my last post, reading anymore into it than that is simply just splitting hairs in an attempt to dispute very close agreed upon perceptions.

 

Someone could say that the sky is blue, and someone else might think it's more turquoise. If they were to butt heads on this do you think others might find it a bit ridiculous?

 

If either of you really feel the need for a debate, come back to me when our perceptions are actually truly at opposite ends, but I'm puzzled as to what I've said that is drastically different from your perception of this season's 9th Region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.