Robert Hammonds to be named new coach at West Jessamine?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is a big loss at all for Bracken Co., not in the least. That is not to take anything away from Hammonds, but I honestly think they can do better. Hammonds has tried to leave BCHS every year he has been employed there. This gives the new administration at BCHS a chance to hire their own guy.

He hasn't told the administration at Bracken Co. that he has accepted the job and I know that for a fact. At least he hadn't as of 3:30 this afternoon. Doesn't mean he isn't takin' the job, but I know he had not informed anyone at the Board office.

I think a great hire for West. Don't forget his giant killing experience his first year taking down Brossart.

I'm sure he might pass that story on to his new charges at West Jessamine prior to taking on LexCath some night.

This is a great opportunity for Coach Hammonds. We wish him the best!

The teaching position that Coach Hammonds would fill is based on a state grant and if West Jessamine doesn't get that state funded grant it looks as if Hammonds will not be going to West Jessamine unless something changes w/the teaching position. This is based on news I heard this morning!

He could I guess technically take the coaching position, but hard to make it on that salary w/out the teaching pay as well, thus I am sure he'd stay at Bracken County. It will interesting what unfolds in the next few days! However, this is not a done deal by any means, as of this moment anyway!

I don't think this is a big loss at all for Bracken Co., not in the least. That is not to take anything away from Hammonds, but I honestly think they can do better. Hammonds has tried to leave BCHS every year he has been employed there. This gives the new administration at BCHS a chance to hire their own guy.

I disagree. I think that he has done a great job at Bracken. This is by no means a knock on the kids, because they play hard every night. But he has not had a tremendous amount of talent to work with. Of course you never do at an "A" size school.

Well TubbyCat, Maybe Coach Hammonds didn't meet your expectations for the Bear Program, but his 34 wins in three seasons and 1 trip to the region were much better than Bracken's 14 wins and 0 trips to the region in the 3 years prior to him coming.....IMO he maximized the talent that he has had at Bracken, and I also know for a fact that at least one other school approached him about a job in the last two years and he stayed at Bracken to try and build that program!!!! So I am not necessarily buying your theory that he has been trying to get a different job every year since his arrival at Bracken Co........