Robert Hammonds to be named new coach at West Jessamine?

The new Bracken County coach will do just fine, no names yet--I can't. He did play in the 10th region in the 90's and was a solid player. He has coaching experience and has passion for the sport, good hire for Bracken County!

Its my understanding the new coach has been coaching a girls team and according to you in another post that is a hard transition. How can you say its a good hire

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel honored by Sports Mojo's suggestion that I apply for the Bracken Co. coaching position, however that would cause a problem with my current coaching position and I am very happy where I am! I agree w/you though, I would have all of the qualifications!

Where are you coaching at now?

I was hoping no one would bring "those days" up. i had a great time playing with Dirty laundry. I miss playing softball, but 2 kids, work, and coaching pretty much take care of any free time I might get!

We all miss those "glory days", but oh well I can't do much of anything anymore do to work. Good Luck with your team.:thumb:

I think Jay Fite will do a great job at Bracken County b/c he is young and passionate about the game of basketball. I think he will be able to make the transition easier than most girls coaches b/c he played at a very high level in HS and he knows the game and he is again very passionate.

You can win at Bracken County to be sure, takes a good mix of kids and the right guy. Time will tell if Fite is the right hire, but I certainly think that the administrators at BCHS did an awfully good job w/this one.

As for where I coach or coached previosly, that isn't important or pertinent to this website. I know the game and enjoy working w/kids teaching them the GAME of basketball!

Think Hammonds proved you can win at Bracken while doing it in a much tougher 38th district, now they are in 39th they should always be the 2nd best team year in and year out. Bracken has alot of experience back and they should have a great season. But time will tell if Fite stays and builds a program or goes back to Lewis Co when it opens? Of course some people wouldnt understand that.:lol: