Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is this photo offensive?

Featured Replies

It's actually ok being a white male.

If my wife did this with my mouth taped and shut, every person laughs.

If I tape her mouth shut then I'm a white male racist pig who hates women.

 

Boy oh boy everyone gets on here and complains about stereotyping and that's exactly what you all do.

 

Why a racist pig? Are you and your wife a bi-racial couple?

 

It's a bigger deal because 95% of domestic violence victims are women and this picture doesn't do anything to help the cause of freeing women from those situations.

 

Not everything has to be about a social conscience. Can't it just be for the humor of it? This is a inherent problem with FB. You invite people to view something that do not understand who you are or why you do things. Then they judge you by the context they apply to it. May be a world away from the original intent.

 

Also, the woman (and the girls to a lesser degree) gave consent and have the right to choose what they do with their own bodies (to use someone else's argument). See, this man was empowering the females in his family. He should get next year's The Gloria Steinem Man of the Year Award.

 

blah blah blah. Nothing to see here.

It's a bigger deal because 95% of domestic violence victims are women and this picture doesn't do anything to help the cause of freeing women from those situations.

 

You are reaching here, IMO.

Why a racist pig? Are you and your wife a bi-racial couple?

 

No I'm white, I thought I was supposed to be racist according to media and what I see at college protest. Heck even other white people say we are racist so I assume I am.

I already said this picture does not offend me. Yes, it's funny. I get it. I am simply explaining one of the reasons I believe this picture is causing an uproar on social media. I'm not saying I agree with that reason.

Why a racist pig? Are you and your wife a bi-racial couple?

 

 

 

Not everything has to be about a social conscience. Can't it just be for the humor of it? This is a inherent problem with FB. You invite people to view something that do not understand who you are or why you do things. Then they judge you by the context they apply to it. May be a world away from the original intent.

 

Also, the woman (and the girls to a lesser degree) gave consent and have the right to choose what they do with their own bodies (to use someone else's argument). See, this man was empowering the females in his family. He should get next year's The Gloria Steinem Man of the Year Award.

 

blah blah blah. Nothing to see here.

 

 

I just re-read that. Are you talking to me? :wave:

 

Like I said, it's funny. Hell, I call that a Friday night at the Compound!

@lawildcat, that part of my response was tongue-in-cheek -- I can't find an adequate emoticon for that.

Timely article I found this AM....

 

Duct Tape.png

Not offended but was definitely taken aback when I first saw the picture.

 

I'm trying to imagine my girlfriend agreeing to this picture. Just thinking about it is probably earning me a disapproving gaze later.

I must be a real bastard, because the little boy with the thumbs up cracks me up. What probably started as an inside joke grew legs on FB. Go figure.

I must be a real bastard, because the little boy with the thumbs up cracks me up. What probably started as an inside joke grew legs on FB. Go figure.

 

Exactly.

  • Author

The boy kind of reminds me of a YouTube/FB video a few years ago when he found out that his pregnant mom was going to have another girl, the boy already had 2 sisters and he was the only son. The boy was crying that he didn't want another sister, and the father said something like "I know buddy, neither do I".

 

To me the photo is harmless fun, it doesn't teach the kids anything wrong. I'm sure the mom and the girls will say that they talk 95% of all conversations, and that when they do talk they run the house.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.