Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Offensive Tackles Ranked

Featured Replies

He's my favorite when it comes to the game broadcast. Chuckie is second.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the amount of people that "don't like" him is a bit overblown. The vast majority of the time I hear his name mentioned people have good things to say about him.

He's truthful with his commentary.

 

Maybe. I just have a lot friends who simply can't stand the guy, but can't offer a reasonable explanation. I guess maybe he's not enough of a Homer.

I think the amount of people that "don't like" him is a bit overblown. The vast majority of the time I hear his name mentioned people have good things to say about him.

 

Really? I feel like it's 50/50

Maybe. I just have a lot friends who simply can't stand the guy, but can't offer a reasonable explanation. I guess maybe he's not enough of a Homer.

 

If any of those friends are a little slow sometimes I can understand why they may not like Cris but can't put their finger on it. You really need to pay attention when he is calling a game or you miss a lot.

Really? I feel like it's 50/50

 

I do too, if not more, at least among my group of friends. It's especially bad when he does a Bengals game....my Facebook page fills up with friends posting comments as to how much they can't stand him.

I think it has a lot to do with he is honest and not a homer. Bengals fans want him to love the Bengals and reality is that they have played bad when he has announced (hence the prime time label), he is honest about their play, so people hate him for it.

My fave Collinsworth bit was when Ngata broke Ben's nose and he takes the telestrater and draws the outline of his nose and says "Now I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure your nose isn't supposed to look like that" or something to that effect. Cracked me up, even though it was my guy with the crooked nose.

 

I say if you can't respect his analysis because you think he's not "Queen City" enough, then you need to grow up.

I can't stand him. I don't think he's very good at his job, he acts like he's the end all, be all of football knowledge, and he comes off as 100% fake as can be. Definitely understand that's the minority opinion, and I'm cool with that. JMO, and I can assure you it has nothing to do with how "Queen City" he is either.

I can't stand him. I don't think he's very good at his job, he acts like he's the end all, be all of football knowledge, and he comes off as 100% fake as can be. Definitely understand that's the minority opinion, and I'm cool with that. JMO, and I can assure you it has nothing to do with how "Queen City" he is either.

Wow, I don't think that at all. But there are other guys that folks love that I despise. Phil Simms is exhibit A.

Wow, I don't think that at all. But there are other guys that folks love that I despise. Phil Simms is exhibit A.

 

Don't even get me started on Simms. And we sometimes get him twice a week.

Wow, I don't think that at all. But there are other guys that folks love that I despise. Phil Simms is exhibit A.

 

Phil Simms is every bit as awful as he is, probably more so. :lol2:

  • Author
I can't stand him. I don't think he's very good at his job' date=' he acts like he's the end all, be all of football knowledge, and he comes off as 100% fake as can be. Definitely understand that's the minority opinion, and I'm cool with that. JMO, and I can assure you it has nothing to do with how "Queen City" he is either.[/quote']

 

When you say he is not very good at his job what do you mean? Not knowledgeable ? Not entertaining?

I like Collinsworth even though I hated him when he played for Cinci (Browns fan here). He is honest and pretty insightful. I guess when it comes down to it, for a broadcaster, people have to like to hear him talk. He has something to say and it is usually interesting.

 

He was even pretty fair when doing Cleveland games--this goes way back when he first started as a broadcaster. I think he does his job well.

 

All that aside, Joe Thomas of Cleveland heads the list. He will be in Canton one day. I was surprised to see his teammate, Mitchell Schwartz mentioned so highly--only two slots below Whitworth. There was talk of cutting him the first two years he was in the league. He came in with a lot of praise out of Stanford but soon people were saying he may be a bust. This year he has been pretty good. Cleveland looks on paper to have a very solid line but they can't run the ball. ???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.