Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IMG Academy

Featured Replies

Crazy level of talent. Nephew of a friend plays there. Different world.

The full cost of tuition and boarding for a year of football at IMG Academy is $70,800, although need-based financial assistance is available. Wow

There are a number of local kids that transfer back to their original high school, and it's a good thing they are not allowed to play for a state championship.

Former Trinity head coach Kevin Wright is the head coach at IMG.

Last Saturday in Arlington, TX 

USA Today #1 IMG Academy 41 #2 Duncanville, TX 14. 

I watched the highlights last night. Built up as the game of the year, the contest was men vs boys. It was the closest game IMG has had this year, though.

Their other wins..

  • Venice, FL 49-13. 
  • Orlando Edgewater 48-7
  • Brentwood (TN) Ravenwood 45-14
  • Chester (VA) Life Christian 52-8

Covid has actually improved IMG with them getting JJ McCarthy from Nazareth Academy in La Grange, IL. Evidently, Nazareth was blocking him from graduating early and Illinois was looking to not play football this fall, so the 5 star Michigan commit transferred to IMG. 

Long time college assistant, Bobby Acosta took over for Kevin Wright last winter when Wright took the TE assistant job at Indiana. 

I am not necessarily a fan, but I find the football factory concept interesting. I do not believe the "Blue" or "National" team is eligible for the FHSAA championship, but the "White" or JV team may be. 

I’d like to see them play Trinity. It would be impressive to see a team that could consistently move the ball against them. Maybe Trinity could hold them to under 40.

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I’d like to see them play Trinity. It would be impressive to see a team that could consistently move the ball against them. Maybe Trinity could hold them to under 40.

I'm not sure Trinity wants the IMG smoke. ?

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

I'm not sure Trinity wants the IMG smoke. ?

I've seen IMG lose. Don't think Trinity couldn't beat them. 

34 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

I've seen IMG lose. Don't think Trinity couldn't beat them. 

I'm not saying they are unbeatable, and I'm sure Trinity could beat them depending on the year. I just don't think Trinity is on IMG's level, especially not consistently. 

51 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

I've seen IMG lose. Don't think Trinity couldn't beat them. 

Calpreps has IMG beating Trinity 48-10 in their project a matchup.

1. Trinity is excellent. Maybe even a Top 15 program in the Nation this year. I would take IMG by at least 3 scores, maybe 4.

 

2. IMG is not done building. They are just now getting to the point where their roster of alumni playing in the NFL basically is proving the model works for what they intended.

 

3.IMG isn't just a football school. Their model is to be the premier Athletic prep school in many sports.

 

4. It's only getting started in terms of seeing schools like this as a trend. St. Frances (MD) was on their way to being the Northeastern IMG Academy until COVID hit. 

 

5. As recruiting continues to be emphasized more and more and now with the new transfer rules by the NCAA, expect football to start looking more like basketball very soon. The FBU stuff is becoming more and more like AAU every day in the more prominent states. My nephew's Middle School team (8th and 7th Graders) just finished a perfect season but due to COVID only got to play 6 six games. They are really good and destroyed everyone they played and no other Middle School wanted to play them.

They picked up one more game, but it isn't against an actual middle school, it is David Pollock's 12U FBU team. Pollock's all-star team may be younger but he wanted the competition.

8 hours ago, NLTanker1 said:

I've seen IMG lose. Don't think Trinity couldn't beat them. 

LMFAO ????

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.