Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Glaser turns down Manual job offer

Featured Replies

I was told tonight Mike Glaser turned down the Manual Head Coach opportunity. Apparently, the pay cut to work at duPont Manual was too much when compared to his current circumstances at St Xavier. The Crimsons need a replacement in a hurry if they expect to compete with the elite programs in Jefferson County.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling I know who its going to be. Won't share a name yet but I can't wait to see what this guy can do with that level of talent.

Rumor is he stepped down (aka was forced out) of coaching, and one of the conditions was that he would keep his six fig salary and light teaching load if he would keep quiet. Paycheck outweighs the opportunity to get revenge. Heck, after tonight he may be the head coach at X next season!

Bobby?

Redman? He's about 68 isn't he?

Rumor is he stepped down (aka was forced out) of coaching, and one of the conditions was that he would keep his six fig salary and light teaching load if he would keep quiet. Paycheck outweighs the opportunity to get revenge. Heck, after tonight he may be the head coach at X next season!

 

Well he certainly has failed in that regard .

Redman? He's about 68 isn't he?

 

The name has been mentioned by a number of people this past week...but I'm hearing it isn't Manual. Nothing but rumors right now. I guess we will wait and see.

 

Still just don't see anyone taking over the Manual program and doing much more than Dr Lucas. Winning 7, 8, 9 games every year and sending guys to college is very respectable. Especially when you've been in the district with Trinity, Male, X for several years. Can't wait to see how this one will play out. In my opinion, the new coach will have big shoes to fill.

Stephan Leflores could do as much. That young man is a very good builder of talent.

I was told tonight Mike Glaser turned down the Manual Head Coach opportunity. Apparently, the pay cut to work at duPont Manual was too much when compared to his current circumstances at St Xavier. The Crimsons need a replacement in a hurry if they expect to compete with the elite programs in Jefferson County.

 

I hate to hear that but you have to pay top level if you want top level talent.

I've heard that Craig Yeast has talked to Manual administrators about the position!!

I've heard that Craig Yeast has talked to Manual administrators about the position!!

 

I know he's coaching in Ohio, at Freemont Ross (yes?). But I haven't kept up with his record or anything about his coaching career.

 

But he was always one of my favorite Cats.

Yes, you are correct from what I heard they started off good but flamed out in the end. This is Russ last year upcoming and he is coming to play for UK. So never know what could happen

When a job like this comes open why are Glaser and Redman mentioned? They have some great accomplishments but have been out of coaching and probably arent interested in taking a job and staying for very long.

 

Someone like Yeast has hopped all over as well. Would be a tougher sell but better to go with a younger up and comer who wants to build and would be interested in staying. But in my experience thats not how JCPS works.

I find it extremely interesting that a man walks around Louisville for two years campaigning for the Manual job, even telling people that he has the job, gathering a staff and then decides he doesn't want it. It's not like JCPS payscale is a secret, sounds like an emotional mess.

That is weird, a JCPS head coach pay maxes out around 5 grand, if the coach is a teacher with masters or rank 1 or the like the teachers pay can be pretty good but have to be a teacher, the guys that work security or in school suspension and the like make peanuts.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.