November 13, 201510 yr There are so many truly unbelievable aspects about man's religion, but the Rapture has to at least make the top ten. Anyone care to profess their belief or disbelief in this doctrine? Who expects to disappear oneday into the heavens in the blink of an eye? I've often wondered about what process would allow such a thing to take place. It would seem almost supernatural... even magically delicious, some might say. Certainly science doesn't support such a transportation. Harder to understand still is how sane, rational human beings could believe such a thing. There's probably a couple of dozen, at least, that do. Of course, a dozen of them live in Kim Davis' neighborhood. I've gone to church with some folks who believe this and just wondered at what point did it start to go so wrong for them. Anyone have any thoughts, one way or the other, on this bizarre tenet of Christianity? The only person I wanted to be raptured by growing up was Deborah Harry.
November 14, 201510 yr Author Seriously though, does your particular denomination believe in the Rapture doctrine?
November 14, 201510 yr The only person I wanted to be raptured by growing up was Deborah Harry. Don't think you're her type.
November 14, 201510 yr Do you wake up every morning trying to find a new way to mock others that believe differently than you? At this point I'm not sure what your point is...you are 100% anti religion, I think everyone understands that. For someone that professes to not believe in God, you spend a lot of time and energy talking about something you don't think exist in the first place. Do you think your witty one liners, mocking and name calling is going to weaken anyone's Faith or "Win them over" to your way of thinking?
November 15, 201510 yr Do you wake up every morning trying to find a new way to mock others that believe differently than you? At this point I'm not sure what your point is...you are 100% anti religion, I think everyone understands that. For someone that professes to not believe in God, you spend a lot of time and energy talking about something you don't think exist in the first place. Do you think your witty one liners, mocking and name calling is going to weaken anyone's Faith or "Win them over" to your way of thinking? THIS
November 15, 201510 yr Again, those that scream for tolerance the loudest are the most intolerant of all.
November 15, 201510 yr Believe in the rapture? Seems much more likely than life just naturally occurring from non-living things millions of years ago. Either way you look at life, it is difficult to explain. To me, I keep coming back to the idea that life has to be the creation of grand design by a higher power. Plenty of things happen that are unbelievable or hard to imagine possible. That's why faith is important. You don't have any and that's fine, but try not to criticize those that do.
November 15, 201510 yr I've many times stated here that although I don't attach a specific label to my beliefs or lack there of, for the sake of a descriptive label I'm basically an existentialist realist who with for various reasons through certain unexplainable moving life experiences has also a spiritual side of me that, although I can't say one way or another what the ultimate truth is, nor can I preach any specific anything, I maintain a certain hope or sense that what I don't know for certain doesn't exclude the possibilities of something more magnificent than my human mind can perceive or comprehend. In simple terms I can't say that I know anything one way or another with any complete certainty. If certain concepts smell largely to be man made, then I've the tendency to shy away from them, but still allow myself to consider them with difficulty sometimes to completely discard them for the simple reason that I do not know for sure. With all of that said, one thing that tends to effect me emotionally is when spiritual concepts are presented in musical form whether or not I'm certain of the validity of their content or not. Music has a way of melting me and somehow adding more weight and power of uncertain concepts for me allowing me to feel connected to their message, true or not. With the topic of the Rapture, my first listen to the song "Rapture" by Antony and the Johnsons caught me off guard, and had a dramatic effect on me that I did know was about to happen for me. No doubt it sounds probably to be one of the most depressing songs ever written, but as I was first listening to it knowing nothing about it, I found myself experience a melting heart and a chill down my spine. It possibly might not be a song that suits everyone's taste, but I couldn't help but to be moved by it. [video=youtube;irHU-xGQXX0] Edited November 15, 201510 yr by B-Ball-fan
November 16, 201510 yr Author Do you wake up every morning trying to find a new way to mock others that believe differently than you? At this point I'm not sure what your point is...you are 100% anti religion, I think everyone understands that. For someone that professes to not believe in God, you spend a lot of time and energy talking about something you don't think exist in the first place. Do you think your witty one liners, mocking and name calling is going to weaken anyone's Faith or "Win them over" to your way of thinking? Do you have a view on the Rapture? I gave you mine. And, no, I have no expectations of changing anyone's mind. Those who accepted it from the time mommy and daddy told them it was so are not going to be re-programmed without professional assistance, and I am just a lowly professor who educates your children in math and science.. Edited November 16, 201510 yr by Science Friction
November 16, 201510 yr Do you have a view on the Rapture? I gave you mine. And, no, I have no expectations of changing anyone's mind. Those who accepted it from the time mommy and daddy told them it was so are not going to be re-programmed without professional assistance, and I am just a lowly professor who educates your children in math and science.. So, you had to get professionally re-programmed after growing up going to church every week?
November 16, 201510 yr Those who accepted it from the time mommy and daddy told them it was so Well...... thats not at all patronizing now is it. My parents introduced me to my faith, but I, 100%, own it myself. I know what I believe and why I believe it. I am not a blind sheep. I would ask that you not make that assumption.
November 17, 201510 yr Do you have a view on the Rapture? I gave you mine. And, no, I have no expectations of changing anyone's mind. Those who accepted it from the time mommy and daddy told them it was so are not going to be re-programmed without professional assistance, and I am just a lowly professor who educates your children in math and science.. Well my mommy and daddy didn't take me to church, I wasn't brain washed as a child. I have neither the desire or inclination to discuss my faith with someone who only wants mock it. I'll hit you up later to see where you do this educating so we can remove that school from consideration, when it comes time for my child to make a college decision.
November 17, 201510 yr I actually preached a sermon on this topic last year about what will happen at the End of Time. Science Friction, if you are genuinely interested in what people think and not just trying to cause trouble, then you would ask me to send you a copy of my sermon with my notes attached.
November 17, 201510 yr It's going to be very lonely for @Science Friction at Left Behind time. Nobody to pick on or insult. They will all be gone.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.