Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rapture!!!

Featured Replies

Your name should be Plato instead of B-Ball- fan. I really enjoy reading your thoughts.I bet you are a riot at dinner parties. :) j/k I like to philosophize as well but on here I prefer to play the role of Trump to Plato, provocateur to philosopher. In real life, I am Socrates. On here, I am Morton Downey Jr. It's more fun to be a devil's advocator than to placate the masses, especially when discussing politics or religion. I love pulling your strings and I love when you oblige me. If, in the process, I can prompt you to think a little deeper about what you believe and why you believe, and maybe even question what you believe for the first time in your lives, then my time here will have been well served.

 

Why bring me into this? :)

  • Replies 96
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If everyone would just ignore these threads, he'd stop making them. I'm all for asking questions and questioning ones beliefs or aspects of religions. However, making a mockery of others and their beliefs, and that's EXACTLY what the purpose of all his threads are, is simply sad and downright embarrassing.

Edited by UKMustangFan

If everyone would just ignore these threads, he'd stop making them. I'm all for asking questions and questioning ones beliefs or aspects of religions. However, making a mockery of others and their beliefs, and that's EXACTLY what the purpose of all his threads are, is simply sad and downright embarrassing.

 

...but the really scary part is that this is a person with influence over youthful minds in a setting that supports this type of thinking and behavior.

  • Author
If everyone would just ignore these threads, he'd stop making them. I'm all for asking questions and questioning ones beliefs or aspects of religions. However, making a mockery of others and their beliefs, and that's EXACTLY what the purpose of all his threads are, is simply sad and downright embarrassing.

 

 

You have little interest in anything, remember? Whether the earth is 6,000 yrs old or 4.5 billion, etc... Doesn't matter to you. Yet, you just can't help yourself from these threads. You're too easy... :D

 

I'm just amazed at how few Christians (with the exception of PP1) are willing to defend beliefs like the Rapture and speaking in tongues. I think the reason is clear. THERE IS NO DEFENSE OF IT.

  • Author
...but the really scary part is that this is a person with influence over youthful minds in a setting that supports this type of thinking and behavior.

 

Is this your best attempt at defending the Rapture?

  • Author
If everyone would just ignore these threads, he'd stop making them. I'm all for asking questions and questioning ones beliefs or aspects of religions. However, making a mockery of others and their beliefs, and that's EXACTLY what the purpose of all his threads are, is simply sad and downright embarrassing.

 

 

It appears as though several of the self-professed "devout" Christians have more interest in talking about a man eating another man's penis than in the Rapture or speaking in tongues. Shame. Not really a surprise, though.

  • Author

The rapture seems to be a very divisive issue among a lot of Christians. Some of the comments that I have read and heard by Christians about fellow Christians who believe in the rapture are pretty extreme. From my experience, Christians on Christian hate is about as bad as it gets. I read once about two men, both professed Christians, who got into a fistfight over this issue. Crazy.

  • Author
If everyone would just ignore these threads, he'd stop making them. I'm all for asking questions and questioning ones beliefs or aspects of religions. However, making a mockery of others and their beliefs, and that's EXACTLY what the purpose of all his threads are, is simply sad and downright embarrassing.

 

Why is stating an opinion about the silliness of certain rituals sad? MOST everyone has an opinion. Some have a strong anti-Hillary opinion and they make it very clear on here. Some have a strong dislike for liberalism and make it very well known. No problem with any of that. Yet, if someone has a strong anti-religion view, it's sad and embarrassing? Anymore sad or embarrassing than making fun of Bernie or Hillary or Jeb? I think its all fair game. Nothing wrong or sad in thinking that Hillary is criminal or thinking that religion is criminal and mind-poisoning. Nothing wrong with having an opinion about anything. Just because I despise religion and think it's plain nonsense doesn't mean I think the human beings who believe such nonsense are bad people. My friends and associates are 10 to 1 conservative and Christian. I think the world of them. I also think they live a life of delusion.

Why is stating an opinion about the silliness of certain rituals sad? MOST everyone has an opinion. Some have a strong anti-Hillary opinion and they make it very clear on here. Some have a strong dislike for liberalism and make it very well known. No problem with any of that. Yet, if someone has a strong anti-religion view, it's sad and embarrassing? Anymore sad or embarrassing than making fun of Bernie or Hillary or Jeb? I think its all fair game. Nothing wrong or sad in thinking that Hillary is criminal or thinking that religion is criminal and mind-poisoning. Nothing wrong with having an opinion about anything. Just because I despise religion and think it's plain nonsense doesn't mean I think the human beings who believe such nonsense are bad people. My friends and associates are 10 to 1 conservative and Christian. I think the world of them. I also think they live a life of delusion.

 

It's not an anti-religion view that people have issues with. Its's the making a mockery of what 1000's of people have died for throughout history, and putting down those who believe it by calling their beliefs dumb or irrational.

 

Please keep the insults and mockery coming. Like I said in another thread, it merely strengthens my beliefs in God and the Church every time.

Is this your best attempt at defending the Rapture?

 

Not even close. I have nothing to defend about this topic. I believe that God has laid his plan out, it is written in the Bible and when that end comes those that believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins will be in heaven.

 

My job is not to argue to your level, but to profess my believe in God while I am alive on this earth, in the hopes that everyone can share in the glory of Heaven later.

 

God has allowed us all to make our own decisions...to quote a former thread: "I will pray for you"

When I think of the Rapture, I think of Mimi Rogers, then I have to stop thinking about it. :sarcastic:

  • Author
When I think of the Rapture, I think of Mimi Rogers, then I have to stop thinking about it. :sarcastic:

 

 

I think of "Blondie."

I'm calling bull spit with regard to our resident atheist. No one talks more about God than he does. It's a facade.

  • Author
I'm calling bull spit with regard to our resident atheist. No one talks more about God than he does. It's a facade.

 

Meaning what exactly?

Why is stating an opinion about the silliness of certain rituals sad? MOST everyone has an opinion. Some have a strong anti-Hillary opinion and they make it very clear on here. Some have a strong dislike for liberalism and make it very well known. No problem with any of that. Yet, if someone has a strong anti-religion view, it's sad and embarrassing? Anymore sad or embarrassing than making fun of Bernie or Hillary or Jeb? I think its all fair game. Nothing wrong or sad in thinking that Hillary is criminal or thinking that religion is criminal and mind-poisoning. Nothing wrong with having an opinion about anything. Just because I despise religion and think it's plain nonsense doesn't mean I think the human beings who believe such nonsense are bad people. My friends and associates are 10 to 1 conservative and Christian. I think the world of them. I also think they live a life of delusion.

 

I agree with the premise here, but will say that an opinion and a fact are often not the same, so to say you believe something to be nonsense does not mean every person must accept this as fact. I don't view religion in a go to church, praise God/Buddha/Allah sense, but more of an ideology, where my conscience will prevent me from A) doing harm to others and B) doing harm to myself. I guess in essence, my conscience is my God, and the path down which it leads me is the Christ-like image all Christians strive for. Of course this gets tricky when you deal with people killing/robbing/otherwise infringing upon the lives of others because their conscience OK'd it, but in general, I feel it is a solid base on which to build your relationship with God, and if you'll allow me to be a bit hypocritical for a moment, I would suggest you focus on your own theologies as opposed to concerning yourself with the beliefs of others. I just think, regardless what Bill Nye or Ken Hamm have to say, they should be having two separate conversations. One dealing with the how of our existence, science, and the why, religion. To whom do I give my pennies?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.