Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Owen County

Featured Replies

Today Adam Fowler has stepped down from the head coaching position at Owen County. Adam coached Owen County for 8 seasons and led Owen County to their first ever undefeated season and first playoff win since the 80's. Adam, we hope that you know how proud Owen County is of you. Once a Rebel, always a Rebel.

Today Adam Fowler has stepped down from the head coaching position at Owen County. Adam coached Owen County for 8 seasons and led Owen County to their first ever undefeated season and first playoff win since the 80's. Adam, we hope that you know how proud Owen County is of you. Once a Rebel, always a Rebel.

 

Why did he step down?

  • Author

I am not for sure he has not made a statement yet but when he does I will pass it on to you all

Adam is a great guy. Coaches do not always do what he fans want but I would let my kid play for him.

  • Author

This is a statement by Adam

 

Today was a tough day. Yes, I did resign as Head Football Coach at Owen County High School. Having to tell my guys about my decision was tougher than I ever imagined. There are so many things I want to say. The last eight years I have worked w/ an amazing group of young men and women. To all my players, thank you from the bottom of my heart! The memories I have will last forever and will hold a special place in my heart. To the men I've had the pleasure to coach along side, thank you as well. The relationships formed are very special to me and I pray they continue. As for my future, I don't know what it holds for me. I will continue to teach at Owen County this year. I'm not sure if I will coach again or if the bug will bite me again. For right now, I look forward to spending a lot more time with my little girls and my wife.

Wasn't there some politics with a top administrators child or grandson and playing time? I wouldn't blame him for him leaving a situation like that.

I applaud Fowler for the years he gave to Owen County. Not an easy job considering location/size/alleged politics. Will be interesting to see who takes the reigns next season.

Too bad I thought he brought Owen County up. Best to coach and his future plans.

Best of luck to Coach Fowler. He is a very fine man and a good leader of young men.

If that is the case then the admin needs to be fired!!!! Enough of these administrators getting a pass for this crap!!!! When will someone stand up and say enough is enough and start holding them accountable for the things they do to coaches!!!! Kids are not going to go into coaching or teaching for that matter when they see this stuff.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule 8

I've heard some wrongful grumblings about Coach Fowler as well from those who are close to the program.

 

So, let me get this straight, because I believe the outside pressures are 100% true with him resigning, but they had somebody in him who (correct me if I'm wrong) wasn't from Owen County, yet wanted to be there?

 

I hate it for the kids, but I hope whoever the gut less so called "leaders" of the school system get exactly what they deserve. Owenton-Football Mecca of KY, said no one ever.

Maybe the board member will coach as he is a know it all

You are correct Coach Fowler is not from Owen but Shelby. His father was from Mayfield and is a legend of sorts from what I understand. If he was pressured to leave it is pretty said and from the statement I hope he doesn't leave the profession because of this.

I've met Coach Fowler several times and he did an excellent job at Owen County. Nice guy, great to talk with, you could tell the kids loved playing for him. I wish him all the best and can enjoy some much needed family time

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.