Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jeff Fisher: Most Overrated Coach in NFL History?

Featured Replies

This is the guy's 21st season as a Head Coach in the NFL. He has had all of 6 winning seasons.

 

How the hell does he continue to have a job?

I agree. Never been a fan of his coaching.

As Mathew Berry calls him: "Mr. 8-8"

I always felt whatever success he had was in spite of Titan's management. That is a train wreck of a franchise as evident by their results once he has left. The Rams, not much better. Not sure what kind of imprint he has on building teams. Every team has suspect QB play and focuses on defense. Some of that may be his doing. I do know he had no desire to draft Vince Young at #3 but he was forced to. Young actually had decent stats as a starter. Not sure how much credit goes to Young or to Fisher?

 

I can't go overrated because I am not sure who considers him that highly rated, just a solid coach.

I always felt whatever success he had was in spite of Titan's management. That is a train wreck of a franchise as evident by their results once he has left. The Rams, not much better. Not sure what kind of imprint he has on building teams. Every team has suspect QB play and focuses on defense. Some of that may be his doing. I do know he had no desire to draft Vince Young at #3 but he was forced to. Young actually had decent stats as a starter. Not sure how much credit goes to Young or to Fisher?

 

I can't go overrated because I am not sure who considers him that highly rated, just a solid coach.

 

Was getting ready to add another post and say this exact same thing. But evidently enough people in the NFL rank him high enough to keep a HC job.

I've speculated whether Silent Stan Kroenke hired Fisher to prolong the franchise's losing skid so Stan could cite "lack of fan support" and more easily relocate the team to L.A.

I always felt whatever success he had was in spite of Titan's management. That is a train wreck of a franchise as evident by their results once he has left. The Rams, not much better. Not sure what kind of imprint he has on building teams. Every team has suspect QB play and focuses on defense. Some of that may be his doing. I do know he had no desire to draft Vince Young at #3 but he was forced to. Young actually had decent stats as a starter. Not sure how much credit goes to Young or to Fisher?

 

I can't go overrated because I am not sure who considers him that highly rated, just a solid coach.

 

Was getting ready to add another post and say this exact same thing. But evidently enough people in the NFL rank him high enough to keep a HC job.

 

Agree guys and great summation bug.

I've speculated whether Silent Stan Kroenke hired Fisher to prolong the franchise's losing skid so Stan could cite "lack of fan support" and more easily relocate the team to L.A.

 

Rams had won 3,2,1,7 and 2 games in 5 years before Fisher, so he didn't need to hire Fisher to drive down fan support. The owners before Kronke had already set the team up for prolonged losing with mismanagement and poor decision making. Fisher is the most stable thing to happen to the Rams since Vermeil left...notice I didn't' say he was great but he has stabilized what was floundering and has finally got the Rams going in the right direction.

At least the Rams are competitive now with him as coach

Rams had won 3,2,1,7 and 2 games in 5 years before Fisher, so he didn't need to hire Fisher to drive down fan support. The owners before Kronke had already set the team up for prolonged losing with mismanagement and poor decision making. Fisher is the most stable thing to happen to the Rams since Vermeil left...notice I didn't' say he was great but he has stabilized what was floundering and has finally got the Rams going in the right direction.

Moving in the right direction? Highly debatable. Let's look at the team's record the past 10 years. See any winning seasons in there? I don't either. As far as this season, only one NFL team has scored fewer TDs than the Rams.

 

My point with Silent Stan is this: Had he not been so focused on moving the team to L.A., perhaps he would have paid more attention to drafts, personnel decisions, etc. and tried harder to field a team that won more than it lost.

 

2004 -- 8-8

2005 -- 6-10

2006 -- 8-8

2007 -- 3-13

2008 -- 2-14

2009 -- 1-15

2010 -- 7-9

2011 -- 2-14

2012 -- 7-8-1

2013 -- 7-9

2014 -- 6-10

2015 -- 4-4

Moving in the right direction? Highly debatable. Let's look at the team's record the past 10 years. See any winning seasons in there? I don't either. As far as this season, only one NFL team has scored fewer TDs than the Rams.

 

My point with Silent Stan is this: Had he not been so focused on moving the team to L.A., perhaps he would have paid more attention to drafts, personnel decisions, etc. and tried harder to field a team that won more than it lost.

 

2004 -- 8-8

2005 -- 6-10

2006 -- 8-8

2007 -- 3-13

2008 -- 2-14

2009 -- 1-15

2010 -- 7-9

2011 -- 2-14

2012 -- 7-8-1

2013 -- 7-9

2014 -- 6-10

2015 -- 4-4

 

1) What's up with "Silent" every time you mention him...pretty sure your answer will have nothing to do with him as an owner.

2) I assume you realize that he's only owned the team since the middle of 2010...not all of the years you posted.

1) What's up with "Silent" every time you mention him...pretty sure your answer will have nothing to do with him as an owner.

2) I assume you realize that he's only owned the team since the middle of 2010...not all of the years you posted.

Stan hasn't talked to press -- or acknowledged his St. Louis fan base really -- for years. Hence, he's known among many fans in St. Louis as "Silent Stan."

 

In 1995, Kroenke bought a 40 percent stake in the Rams, so he's been in the owner's box for 20 years. In 2010, Kroenke exercised his right of first refusal to buy the remaining interest in the team from the estate of late owner Georgia Frontiere.

In 1995, Kroenke bought a 40 percent stake in the Rams, so he's been in the owner's box for 20 years. In 2010, Kroenke exercised his right of first refusal to buy the remaining interest in the team from the estate of late owner Georgia Frontiere.

So you give Kroenke credit for the success of the Greatest Show on Turf years since he was a minority owner then, right. Or do you just give him credit for the bad things that happened while he was a minority owner and the Rosenblooms still ran everything?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.