Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jeff Fisher: Most Overrated Coach in NFL History?

Featured Replies

So you give Kroenke credit for the success of the Greatest Show on Turf years since he was a minority owner then, right. Or do you just give him credit for the bad things that happened while he was a minority owner and the Rosenblooms still ran everything?

I don't know to what extent Silent Stan was involved with the team during its glory years (which didn't last all that long). I don't believe he was hands-on like Jerry Jones or even Mike Brown, to some extent. I do know the Walmart billionaire became Mr. No Comment once the rumors started floating around that he intended to move the franchise to L.A.

I don't know to what extent Silent Stan was involved with the team during its glory years (which didn't last all that long). I don't believe he was hands-on like Jerry Jones or even Mike Brown, to some extent. I do know the Walmart billionaire became Mr. No Comment once the rumors started floating around that he intended to move the franchise to L.A.

 

So in one post you say "he was in the owners box" hinted that he was at least partially to blame for the bad times before he became principal owner then later you say "I don't believe he was hands on" when asked if he deserved credit for success during that same time...:lol2:

 

Only thing he had to do with Walmart is he married into the family, Sam Walton's niece if I remember correctly.

So in one post you say "he was in the owners box" hinted that he was at least partially to blame for the bad times before he became principal owner then later you say "I don't believe he was hands on" when asked if he deserved credit for success during that same time...:loll:

 

Only thing he had to do with Walmart is he married into the family, Sam Walton's niece if I remember correctly.

Stan married one of Bud Walton's daughters. You don't get to be a $6 billion man by marrying the niece.

 

Georgia died in January of '08; she was diagnosed with breast cancer in '07. So I guess we can speculate that Kroenke became a hands-on owner about that time.

 

Since 2007, the Rams have won 29% of their games (39-96). Makes Mike Brown look like George Halas.

 

Nice work, Stan.

1 he married Sam Walton's niece Buds daughter as I said...but he had nothing to do with Walmart.

2 Rosenbloom family was already running team before her death and no leadership changed at her death

3 as normal you pick and choose facts to try to make your point.

 

Enjoy your day sir!

1 he married Sam Walton's niece Buds daughter as I said...but he had nothing to do with Walmart.

2 Rosenbloom family was already running team before her death and no leadership changed at her death

3 as normal you pick and choose facts to try to make your point.

 

Enjoy your day sir!

As I recall, Georgia's kids were eager to sell their interest in the team to Kroenke after her death. They were never "active owners." Besides, it doesn't negate the fact that the Rams have been at the bottom of the NFL heap for the past decade. The 29% winning percentage says it all.

This story has been posted on a few websites the past couple of days. Seems that when Silent Stan Kroenke had to use (public) bathroom at Rams-Vikings game this past Sunday in Minneapolis, he had his three bodyguards clear out the area, then stand guard at the restroom entrance so no nosy reporters in nearby press area would be able to pester him at the urinal.

 

This sort of encapsulates everything wrong with the NFL owners billionaires club. Links below.

 

http://sportzwiki.com/football/arsenal-owner-does-this-hilarious-thing-in-public-toilet

 

Stan Kroenke ticks off media by hogging stadium bathroom

Edited by Twotoplace
Adding 2nd link with photos

I guess the fact that I'm pretty surprised he's only had six winning seasons, means he's definitely overrated.

I guess the fact that I'm pretty surprised he's only had six winning seasons, means he's definitely overrated.

 

I was surprised that he only had six winning seasons too. And yet many would consider him a better coach than Marvin Lewis. Not me. I am not a huge fan of Marvin's but he took over a dumpster fire when he came to the Bengals and now has them pretty darn good and has for the last five years. Fisher has never been able to do that for any length of time to my knowledge.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.