Louisville 41 Syracuse 17

Bluegrasscard

Kyle Bolin: 24/35 for 362 yds and 3 TDs.

Just a great day for he and Radcliff, who had 117 yds on the ground in just 10 attempts.

Louisville averaged 8.6 yds per play today, three yards more than their season average and the most Syracuse has surrendered all year.

Per Mark Ennis on Twitter: through nearly two seasons of ACC play, Louisville is 0-4 vs. FSU and Clemson and 9-1 against everyone else.

There's a serious mountain to climb to be fully competitive in the ACC and everyone knows who they are...

Radcliffe over 100 yards rushing.

Weird. Mostly in mop-up time. Ran hard & broke tackles. Couple of big runs. Maybe he gets back in the rotation with the starters.

1st half was rough. Played much better in the 2nd half. Bolin does seem to run the offense better -- even the running game.

No doubt about it. The whole offense just seems more comfortable with Bolin taking snaps under center instead of Jackson taking them out of the shotgun.

Kyle runs the play as its design. He goes through the progressions and does the check downs. When those are done, then he will freelance. Jackson goes off script more - because that is what is expected as a 'dual-threat' QB.

Seemed much more what we expect of a Petrino offense.

The 4th & 2 playaction misdirection to the tight end was a thing of beauty. I remember the same play to Barnidge going for a TD against UK in Petrino's very first game at uofl (i think).

We have a real chance to win out for a respectable 8-4. Pitt and UK are not looking near as formidable as they were early in the season. UVA in a revenge game at home should be a W.

The 4th & 2 playaction misdirection to the tight end was a thing of beauty. I remember the same play to Barnidge going for a TD against UK in Petrino's very first game at uofl (i think).

That was vintage Petrino, brilliant play call. I can think of a few occasions I remember seeing it, and it worked beautifully every single time.

Remember, though, that Syracuse is on a 6-game losing streak regardless of what type of offense UL ran.

I think Petrino sent a message to Radcliff and Brandon took it to heart.

They did what a better team should have done against an inferior opponent. That certainly hasn't always been the case this season.

I'll acknowledge the talent of the BC defense... but they never should have let Wake hang around like they did. The offense just wasn't moving right and I think we finally saw the fruits of some tinkering.

I'll be sold if UofL can do something similar next week against a pretty hapless UVA squad.