Highlands 50 Woodford County 14

I have a weird feeling this Highlands team is going to win state. I know I sound like a homer and Woodford did not have a great record. It just feels like they are improving and have a chip on their shoulder. The competition down the road are good squads but I don't think they are out of the 'birds reach at all. Highlands is at home until state if they can make it as well. Sounds crazy but it just feels like it is coming.

Things will get more interesting when they play Cov Cath if both teams advance that far. If they get to play Pulaski County, that will be a very tough game, which would be for anyone.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Guru, you're crunkin on your own site!!! Better not let a mod read what you posted.

Randy Parker is the only one that picks on me, the rest just make evasive comments in private.

And facts are facts. Good teams normally bring out lots of posters, and good teams gone bad have everyone hiding under their shells.

Randy Parker is the only one that picks on me, the rest just make evasive comments in private.

And facts are facts. Good teams normally bring out lots of posters, and good teams gone bad have everyone hiding under their shells.

Well, from what I have observed the amount of posting about HHS football actually took a dramatic dive last year, even though HHS won state. BGPers who were heavy into posting about HHS football in the past, people like leatherneck, henry521, sweeperboy, oldbird, and thunderbirds have backed off a great deal or disappeared completely in the past couple of years...

Well, from what I have observed the amount of posting about HHS football actually took a dramatic dive last year, even though HHS won state. BGPers who were heavy into posting about HHS football in the past, people like leatherneck, henry521, sweeperboy, oldbird, and thunderbirds have backed off a great deal or disappeared completely in the past couple of years...

I am sure they all have their reasons but we don't want to derail this thread.

Don't know if they will beat CCH or not. And if they do I think Pulaski beats them. So third or fourth round to be specific.

How about you?

I have no clue. My sources from the fort I used to get all of my inside scoop from have pretty much dried up.

Question: if HHS plays PC do you foresee a close game or a romp?

Don't know if they will beat CCH or not. And if they do I think Pulaski beats them. So third or fourth round to be specific.

How about you?

Pretty much how I (and most people) see it playing out. My guess is that they beat CCH but who knows. I will definitely be there if and when it happens. CCH was about the only game this year on the HHS schedule that was close. Almost all the others were pretty one sided...either for HHS or against.

The thing is with Pulaski is they have a freaky good QB. The 'birds haven't done that well against good QBs. They would need to have a good plan and bring the heat on him to somehow pull of a win.

Me too, if they go far it says a lot about the coaching staff.

Coaching staff may have had a little to do with it but the kids could have easily mailed it in. Yes they still have to win against better competition going forward but this season could have really gone south had the kids not bought in. By the way, I love how Beal plays with a chip on his shoulder and gets in the head of the opposition. Just enough not to get flagged. Awesome pick last night!!!

Me too, if they go far it says a lot about the coaching staff.

What would you consider "Far"?

Even when they were 1 and 4 I think looking a 5A everyone expected them to make at least Semi state. IMO they have to make the finals for anyone to say they overcame or over achieved this season.