What if: 2015 KY Gubernatorial Election Edition

Speaking of ALG...I don't recall seeing one campaign ad from Grimes or her opponent this year. I did see Grimes run an ad several times in her official capacity of Secretary of State talking about the Election and how she was ensuring fair elections and every vote would be counted (Did we need an ad to tell us that she was doing her job?)

If those ads were paid for by the People of Kentucky and not her campaign was that a good example of stewardship of our state funds? Did we pay for ads for Mrs. Grimes to get her name out in front of the state again right before the election?

Local Mayor did the same thing last election, flooded the city with "City Updates" and "State of the City" type mailings all paid for by the City of Somerset that touted his accomplishments. Seems like an underhanded way for incumbents to get free advertising off of the back of the citizens.

Grimes ads were awful. She had one with video of her grandmothers (rest their souls) from her first campaign. She also had one where she just sat there and talked. She used hand gestures that were so obviously choreographed that I spent so much time watching them any message she may have had was lost.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grimes ads were awful. She had one with video of her grandmothers (rest their souls) from her first campaign. She also had one where she just sat there and talked. She used hand gestures that were so obviously choreographed that I spent so much time watching them any message she may have had was lost.

Your obsession with Ms. Grimes is fascinating.

Your obsession with Ms. Grimes is fascinating.

The fact that Dems actually think she is a good candidate for anything is fascinating and sad.

Also I like stirring the pot here with SG who wasn't going to support her against McConnell because she didn't give him a job then did an about face when she did.

So did Conway lose primarily because of Obama or primarily because of Conway?

I initially believed it was because of the President, but I am not sure that's the case. Beshear would have beaten Bevin IMO.

I think it is easier to blame Obama for the losses than the ineptitude of local officials to win their elections.

I think it is easier to blame Obama for the losses than the ineptitude of local officials to win their elections.

Ordinarily I'd say you are right but Kentuckians REALLY hate this President. There is no doubt the Obama association dealt him the fatal blow. The Republicans were absolutely correct in exploiting the unpopularity of the President in this state. They would have been crazy not to. Now, if Conway had been very well thought of by most(like Beshear) , he might have survived.

No one should kid themselves. If Jack had been the same old Jack but Obama was well thought of in KY(not possible, of course), Jack wins by double digits!

Ordinarily I'd say you are right but Kentuckians REALLY hate this President. There is no doubt the Obama association dealt him the fatal blow. The Republicans were absolutely correct in exploiting the unpopularity of the President in this state. They would have been crazy not to. Now, if Conway had been very well thought of by most(like Beshear) , he might have survived.

No one should kid themselves. If Jack had been the same old Jack but Obama was well thought of in KY(not possible, of course), Jack wins by double digits!

I agree to an extent but I am an ardent Obama supporter, democrat and I didn't vote for Jack. He was a horrible candidate.

I keep seeing posts like the one The Scribe made yesterday about how many governors and house seats were lost since Obama took over and implying that is Obama's legacy. IMO that tells me more about how horrible the candidates were and nothing to do with Obama. Obama won two terms so obviously the hate wasn't strong enough to keep him out of office. The governors and House of Representatives that lost their elections obviously sucked pretty bad at their jobs and campaigning. Otherwise they'd have won.

Love to see SF twist himself into a pretzel trying to play both sides of the coin on Obama while like minded TTP cheers from the sidelines. Obama caused Conway to lose but wait, Beshear would win handily. This has been very amusing.

Love to see SF twist himself into a pretzel trying to play both sides of the coin on Obama while like minded TTP cheers from the sidelines. Obama caused Conway to lose but wait, Beshear would win handily. This has been very amusing.

If what you say is true, then why did the GOP (or one of its super PACs) run TV ads with Conway's mug next to Obama's?