What if: 2015 KY Gubernatorial Election Edition

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

His approval rating is 54%, disapproval rating is 34%. It's hard for me to imagine he loses to Bevin. You would have to argue that he does worse than Grimes and I just don't think he would. And he wouldn't have ran a simplistic negative ad campaign like Jack did.

While we are speculating......if the primary was Bevin vs Comer or Bevin vs Heiner or Bevin vs Scott, my guess is Bevin would have lost at least 2 and maybe all three. Bevin was very fortunate to run in the environment that he did, but he now has the opportunity he wanted. Lets see what he can put together. Hoping for the best!

Beshear in a fairly close race.

Don't be terribly surprised to see Beshear the younger or Grimes run in 2019.

Speaking of ALG...I don't recall seeing one campaign ad from Grimes or her opponent this year. I did see Grimes run an ad several times in her official capacity of Secretary of State talking about the Election and how she was ensuring fair elections and every vote would be counted (Did we need an ad to tell us that she was doing her job?)

If those ads were paid for by the People of Kentucky and not her campaign was that a good example of stewardship of our state funds? Did we pay for ads for Mrs. Grimes to get her name out in front of the state again right before the election?

Local Mayor did the same thing last election, flooded the city with "City Updates" and "State of the City" type mailings all paid for by the City of Somerset that touted his accomplishments. Seems like an underhanded way for incumbents to get free advertising off of the back of the citizens.

So did Conway lose primarily because of Obama or primarily because of Conway?

I initially believed it was because of the President, but I am not sure that's the case. Beshear would have beaten Bevin IMO.

The hate for Obama far surpassed any dislike for Jack or his negative ads.

OBAMA = CONWAY = DEFEAT in Ky.

So did Conway lose primarily because of Obama or primarily because of Conway?

I initially believed it was because of the President, but I am not sure that's the case. Beshear would have beaten Bevin IMO.

Conway, first and foremost.