Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bud Light sponsorship will pay the NFL $1.4 billion over six years

Featured Replies

Anheuser-Busch and the NFL have agreed to extend Bud Light’s sponsorship of the league for another six years, through the 2022 Super Bowl. According to the Wall Street Journal, the deal will pay the NFL $1.4 billion, which works out to more than $7 million for each team, every year of the sponsorship.

 

“We’ve done the math and wouldn’t be renewing this sponsorship if we didn’t believe this would allow us to sell more beer,” Anheuser-Busch executive Lucas Herscovici said.

 

And that demonstrates once again just how powerful the NFL is. Nothing reaches more Americans — especially beer-drinking men in their 20s and 30s — than the NFL. And so for all the missteps the league has taken on everything from domestic violence to Deflategate, big companies want to do business with the NFL.

 

Bud Light sponsorship will pay the NFL $1.4 billion over six years | ProFootballTalk

  • Author

Same thought I have every time I say I will still watch.

 

The NFL product is just too good to walk away from even though it often feels that money is more important to the NFL than doing the right thing.

As a fan, hard to believe these guys are in business to make $, not to entertain me.

  • Author
As a fan, hard to believe these guys are in business to make $, not to entertain me.

 

In other words you find the NFL so entertaining that you believe that is the goal of the players more than the money earned?

 

^ I totally get that by the way. The NFL may be the best deal going.

Oh great, now beer goes up again at PBS.:greedy:

I'm sure it's worth it to them. But I've never watched a Bud Light, Budweiser, or Miller Lite commercial and wanted to go to the store and buy some.

 

I know that's not their exact intent, but I really enjoy a lot of the commercials, especially the Budweiser Clydsdales. I've never bought Budweiser in a store and haven't bought it from a venue on more than one occasion.

 

I'll just drink my Rhinegeist, Madtree, and etc. while watching the games and their commercials.

I think Bud wants to be associated with a winner and the NFL is the biggest winner of them all.

  • Author
I'm sure it's worth it to them. But I've never watched a Bud Light, Budweiser, or Miller Lite commercial and wanted to go to the store and buy some.

 

I know that's not their exact intent, but I really enjoy a lot of the commercials, especially the Budweiser Clydsdales. I've never bought Budweiser in a store and haven't bought it from a venue on more than one occasion.

 

I'll just drink my Rhinegeist, Madtree, and etc. while watching the games and their commercials.

 

I hear you. I like to think I am rarely influenced by commercials although sometimes I do purposely try a product because they are advertising on something I enjoy. I did it with Payday candy bars recently, they had some cool ads mixed in with actual content on the WWE so I bought a couple. Yum!

I hear you. I like to think I am rarely influenced by commercials although sometimes I do purposely try a product because they are advertising on something I enjoy. I did it with Payday candy bars recently, they had some cool ads mixed in with actual content on the WWE so I bought a couple. Yum!

 

Yeah definitely with you. It works on me when it's something new or something I've just never tried before and it finally caught my eye.

 

I just wonder, how many new drinkers do they get because of these ads? I don't know, it's obviously working and their pockets are way deeper than mine haha!

  • Author
Yeah definitely with you. It works on me when it's something new or something I've just never tried before and it finally caught my eye.

 

I just wonder, how many new drinkers do they get because of these ads? I don't know, it's obviously working and their pockets are way deeper than mine haha!

 

I think we both agree that it is hard to believe that the math works out in Buds favor but they obviously know what they are doing.

 

Any way you cut it, I am glad it does work out in Buds favor.

 

And I will keep watching. :eek:

Same thought I have every time I say I will still watch.

 

The NFL product is just too good to walk away from even though it often feels that money is more important to the NFL than doing the right thing.

Too good as in the games are so good? I disagree, just about every Thursday game is awful and all the London games have been pretty bad. If it wasn't for gambling/DFS I might not even watch all Bengals games.

  • Author
Too good as in the games are so good? I disagree, just about every Thursday game is awful and all the London games have been pretty bad. If it wasn't for gambling/DFS I might not even watch all Bengals games.

 

London games aside...

 

And Thursday games have always been a plus for me.

I'm sure it's worth it to them. But I've never watched a Bud Light, Budweiser, or Miller Lite commercial and wanted to go to the store and buy some.

 

I know that's not their exact intent, but I really enjoy a lot of the commercials, especially the Budweiser Clydsdales. I've never bought Budweiser in a store and haven't bought it from a venue on more than one occasion.

 

I'll just drink my Rhinegeist, Madtree, and etc. while watching the games and their commercials.

 

I've got a brother in law who doesn't drink and never has. He has literally thousands of Bud items in his basement. He even made a replica of the full size horse drawn wagon complete with taps. He decided to sell it and it sold for $3500. He had so much Bud clutter in his basement and his wife was raising cain about all the neon signs and literally hundreds of steins. He took his wife's nagging and decided to sell all the Bud collectables. Went to his house for thanksgiving, and standing in his fenced in front yard was a real Clydsdale. No kidding, now that's taking commercials to the extreme. Horse is gone now, and his wife don't nag him about anything anymore. :lol2::lol2:

I beg to differ with those that say the NFL is a great product. Yes, we may be addicted to it, but there are only 3 or 4 teams in each conference worth watching. Annual roster turnover and mismanagement in search of instant success is killing the product.

 

Heroine addicts think that's a great product too!

Edited by Pioneer.Pride

I do wonder how many people watch because of gambling/FF only. Count me as one. I am addicted to the Red Zone channel because you see all the scoring plays and as Scott Hansen says, you get 6+ hours of NO COMMERCIALS!!!

 

Without Red Zone and no gambling, I don't think I would watch...certainly not nearly as much. The product is not that great IMO...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.