Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It's Johnny Football time in Cincy Thursday night!!!

Featured Replies

Agreed...wouldn't it be cool if he "Art Longed" a horse on Wednesday night downtown ?

 

As a Bearcat fan...I should take exception to this, but I found it funny then, and I still do now.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manziel has had several chances to take over as the Browns field general, and he just doesn't seem to be ready to do it. I feel his limited phyiscal and football IQ (always wanting to make something happen by scrambling if his first receiver isn't open), is really hurting his changes for a long career in the NFL. I have said it before, I don't think it was fair where he was drafted, (expectation wise), due to almost all the draft guru's had him as a sixth round pick. Not first round. Can he over come these deficiences, time will tell. I don't see him starting to turn it around this week vs the Bengals. Their defense is just too good.

 

Outside of Tom Brady, give me another recent, or not recent 6th round QB that has done well in the NFL. Not to many.

Manziel has had several chances to take over as the Browns field general, and he just doesn't seem to be ready to do it. I feel his limited phyiscal and football IQ (always wanting to make something happen by scrambling if his first receiver isn't open), is really hurting his changes for a long career in the NFL. I have said it before, I don't think it was fair where he was drafted, (expectation wise), due to almost all the draft guru's had him as a sixth round pick. Not first round. Can he over come these deficiences, time will tell. I don't see him starting to turn it around this week vs the Bengals. Their defense is just too good.

 

Outside of Tom Brady, give me another recent, or not recent 6th round QB that has done well in the NFL. Not to many.

Todd Mcshay gave Manziel a late first round pick, I don't remember anyone for that matter having him late 6 or deep in the draft.

Can't understand why everyone hates Johnny Manziel, he is still young and made some childish mistakes but he is far from a thug and the hate he received even while at AM is just strange.

 

I am pulling for the Browns in this one, but I don't see how they could win.

 

So his most recent smacking his girlfriend around while driving under the influence still doesn't faze you? He was a punk in HS, got to be a bigger famous punk in college, and I see no difference since he joined the league. I hope Burfict pile drives him, would be worth the 15 yards

To be quite honest a cannot remember who said it in a radio interview, (I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday most of the time), but I do know one of the talking heads had said that about Manziel.

To answer your question, Kurt Warner wasn't even drafted....He did alright for himself.

Current NFL Starters Drafted 6th Rd or Later:

 

Tom Brady - 6th Round

Ryan Fitzpatrick - 7th Round

Tyrod Taylor - 6th Round

Brian Hoyer - Undrafted

Tony Romo - Undrafted

Browns just made it official that Johnny is starting Thursday.

So his most recent smacking his girlfriend around while driving under the influence still doesn't faze you? He was a punk in HS, got to be a bigger famous punk in college, and I see no difference since he joined the league. I hope Burfict pile drives him, would be worth the 15 yards

 

I thought they said Johnny was NOT under the influence?

Watch Johnny go off against the Bengals on National TV.

I thought they said Johnny was NOT under the influence?

 

He wasn't at the time. Had been drinking earlier in the day.

No one with such little physical talent should be allowed to act like he does. Not sure how he has gotten away with it for this long. Before someone starts with the AM stats and his draft status, he was picked because of the publicity, not the talent.

No one with such little physical talent should be allowed to act like he does. Not sure how he has gotten away with it for this long. Before someone starts with the AM stats and his draft status, he was picked because of the publicity, not the talent.

 

You are very wrong there. He is a very talented player. Has the athletic ability and the arm to actually make all the throws. His big problem is the mental game. Talent can get you to the NFL which it has for him. However the mental part and work ethic to go along with talent is what keeps you in the league

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.