Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bench clearing brawl...KHSAA investigating.

Featured Replies

KHSAA is trying to obtain film of the Larue-Green game Friday that had a bench clearing brawl to enforce penalties. What a shame and black eye for both programs. Not sure how this will play out as the playoffs begin.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still hate that Larue County fired Josh Jaggers. The program doesn't seem to be going in the right direction.

Wasn't Green Co. Involved in a brawl a few years ago? Or Maybe it was coaches?

FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD (and realize that my sources weren't the best) it all happened right in front of Green's bench after the officials had let things get overly chippy. LaRue's coaches pulled all the kids back and if the Hawks had any bench players leave the bench area, it wasn't but one or two, which is honestly still too many.With it being right in front of Green's bench, they had several leave from what I was told, and it took their coaches a long time to restore order on their side (some told me they never did). Again, all what I was told from others who were there.

 

Also heard from a few others that Green had a kid turn around after order was restored and flip off the entire LaRue student section?! If that's true, then this may get ugly fast.

Larue is the only place I've ever played where a large contingent of their fans and students stand behind the visitors' sideline.

FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD (and realize that my sources weren't the best) it all happened right in front of Green's bench after the officials had let things get overly chippy. LaRue's coaches pulled all the kids back and if the Hawks had any bench players leave the bench area, it wasn't but one or two, which is honestly still too many.With it being right in front of Green's bench, they had several leave from what I was told, and it took their coaches a long time to restore order on their side (some told me they never did). Again, all what I was told from others who were there.

 

Also heard from a few others that Green had a kid turn around after order was restored and flip off the entire LaRue student section?! If that's true, then this may get ugly fast.

 

We had batteries and rocks thrown at us on a basketball court when I was in HS. Getting flipped off would be like cupcakes and ice cream.

From the video I've seen of the incident, it appeared that Green players kept getting involved, and it appeared that there were even some people from the stands who came out and got involved. I don't know in what capacity or who they were, but I saw several people come from out of the frame, cross the track and go on the field into the scrum. It appeared to be really out of hand, with a lot of Green fans screaming and cheering, seemingly pushing their kids on.

 

 

I wasn't there, so I don't know the full details, but I've seen enough of the video to form an opinion of the situation.

  • Author
From the video I've seen of the incident, it appeared that Green players kept getting involved, and it appeared that there were even some people from the stands who came out and got involved. I don't know in what capacity or who they were, but I saw several people come from out of the frame, cross the track and go on the field into the scrum. It appeared to be really out of hand, with a lot of Green fans screaming and cheering, seemingly pushing their kids on.

 

 

I wasn't there, so I don't know the full details, but I've seen enough of the video to form an opinion of the situation.

 

Video? Can you share Snakes?

Video? Can you share Snakes?

 

I don't know that I would be able to. I watched it on Facebook from someone who was friends with someone who commented on the video that was shared. I think that covers it.

Larue is the only place I've ever played where a large contingent of their fans and students stand behind the visitors' sideline.

 

Highlands home stadium has the the stands directly behind the visiting team bench. Probably within about 10 yards of the sideline.

Highlands home stadium has the the stands directly behind the visiting team bench. Probably within about 10 yards of the sideline.

 

If I was a coach, and the visitor sidelines had no benches behind them, I'd totally want thar side every game. Wouldn't have to listen to parents and fans. I'm surprised more teams don't do this.

Bethlehem only has bleachers on one side, and the home team has always opted for the opposite sideline, leaving the home crowd hanging over top of the visiting bench. Maybe 10 feet away.

Larue has home and visitors bleachers that's why it's so weird.

 

FWIW I think visitors should be away from home bleachers. If you don't like your fans don't play at home.

This is the only video I could find but it doesn't show much.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.