Division 2 Championship: Belfry 14 South Oldham 8

ATLCat

Belfry probably had 100 yards in self inflicted penalties and dropped a sure TD.

South Oldham equated themselves very well and nearly came from behind in the 4th.

Belfry wins their 4th Consecutive D-II Championship

Belfry has 5 wins over teams playing for titles today D-III Pikeville (3 wins) and D-I Johnson County (2 wins)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After seeing them play today...Boyle Co MS would have an excellent shot vs Belfry.

Tell 'em to call Belfry and put them on the schedule next year.... seriously... Belfry Middle will play anyone and would welcome the challenge

Would love to see it..still don't get Boyle's reasoning for not competing in the Tourney and testing their mettle.

Tell 'em to call Belfry and put them on the schedule next year.... seriously... Belfry Middle will play anyone and would welcome the challenge

Would love to see it..still don't get Boyle's reasoning for not competing in the Tourney and testing their mettle.

Testing their mettle? Lol

It's very simple. Our coaches feel it is not in our kids best interest to play multiple games in a week for several weeks. We are already in a conference and it's been very beneficial over the years to do it the way we do.

Besides...this group will see Belfry in the coming years anyway.

Congrats on the win.

Testing their mettle? Lol

It's very simple. Our coaches feel it is not in our kids best interest to play multiple games in a week for several weeks. We are already in a conference and it's been very beneficial over the years to do it the way we do.

Besides...this group will see Belfry in the coming years anyway.

Congrats on the win.

You dont play multiple games in a week for several weeks. If you advance far enough you will have to play on back to back days in the final 4, but thats it. Its not multiple weeks of two games a week if thats what you thought (Its just one game a week).

Boyle has had much success in High School so what they are doing is working just fine, but I dont really get not playing in the KYMSFA. To me it would be like playing in the All-A in basketball and skipping the district tournament. Just my opinion of course.

You dont play multiple games in a week for several weeks. If you advance far enough you will have to play on back to back days in the final 4, but thats it. Its not multiple weeks of two games a week if thats what you thought (Its just one game a week).

Boyle has had much success in High School so what they are doing is working just fine, but I dont really get not playing in the KYMSFA. To me it would be like playing in the All-A in basketball and skipping the district tournament. Just my opinion of course.

It IS playing multiple times because our Salt River Conference plays on Tuesday and then we'd have to come back and play on Saturday. Anderson Co had to do it and it took a toll on them.

But you're right.

It's different strokes for different folks.

;)

It IS playing multiple times because our Salt River Conference plays on Tuesday and then we'd have to come back and play on Saturday. Anderson Co had to do it and it took a toll on them.

But you're right.

It's different strokes for different folks.

;)

Makes sense now...didnt take into account games in another conference. Thanks for the clarification.

Why bother playing in a conference, then? We have played teams from Louisville, Paducah, Campellsville, and everywhere in between in KMSFA. It's been really beneficial and a great experience. I think it'd been a great game. If healthy, I'll take us against anybody.

And if you want a game, 2016 is WIDE OPEN. PM me and I'll be glad to hook you up with the appropriate person to get something scheduled.

I'm a neutral man from western Ky that watches a lot of middle and high school football ( being retired). I watched all the games this weekend and have seen Boyle play. Boyle is the most talented team overall in the state. Would they win it ? Division 2 yes. It would be a great game to see them play Johnson. Boyle has the best Rb in the state with Reese Smith and the best lineman in the state with Wilson Kelly and multiple other talented players with tremendous speed all over the field.

From what I hear down hear tisdale is playing for the Ky team. I can't imagine tisdale and smith in the backfield. I know a lot will disagree but I know some coaches that would agree about Boyle. Side note some one told me they were 30-0 in middle school with this 8 grade class playing a team both years.