Division 2 Championship: Belfry 14 South Oldham 8

ATLCat

The difference in Boyle and all of their competition is that with all of that talent/speed...we can throw the ball too. The BCMS QB threw for around 40 TDs in his career w/only 2 INT.

FYI...Smith was injured and missed the last several weeks of the season and will not be participating in Team KY. He is however one of the best players in the state.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a neutral man from western Ky that watches a lot of middle and high school football ( being retired). I watched all the games this weekend and have seen Boyle play. Boyle is the most talented team overall in the state. Would they win it ? Division 2 yes. It would be a great game to see them play Johnson. Boyle has the best Rb in the state with Reese Smith and the best lineman in the state with Wilson Kelly and multiple other talented players with tremendous speed all over the field.

From what I hear down hear tisdale is playing for the Ky team. I can't imagine tisdale and smith in the backfield. I know a lot will disagree but I know some coaches that would agree about Boyle. Side note some one told me they were 30-0 in middle school with this 8 grade class playing a team both years.

23-0 and you are correct about 8th grade class playing as 7th graders too.

Average margin of victory last year 35-10 and this year was 47-9 (could have been worse). :)

23-0 and you are correct about 8th grade class playing as 7th graders too.

Average margin of victory last year 35-10 and this year was 47-9 (could have been worse). :)

Everything being said on here is correct except there is one fact being left out. All of the 8th graders you are talking about as playing as 7th graders were held back. I know that isn't against the rules and several teams across the state do that. But the conference you play in may have 1-2 kids on each team that are held back. I would say Boyle has 7-8 of those group that your are talking about and possibly more will be 15 soon or already 15. It makes a difference in middle school when bodies are changing. This group may win state 4 years from now but right now you aren't comparing apples to apples within the conference with the number of holdbacks that are on Boyle's Team. You hold back 7-8 of Anderson's best players and pretty sure they dominate also.

Everything being said on here is correct except there is one fact being left out. All of the 8th graders you are talking about as playing as 7th graders were held back. I know that isn't against the rules and several teams across the state do that. But the conference you play in may have 1-2 kids on each team that are held back. I would say Boyle has 7-8 of those group that your are talking about and possibly more will be 15 soon or already 15. It makes a difference in middle school when bodies are changing. This group may win state 4 years from now but right now you aren't comparing apples to apples within the conference with the number of holdbacks that are on Boyle's Team. You hold back 7-8 of Anderson's best players and pretty sure they dominate also.

It's always ironic how you mention this about Boyle County and totally ignore it when there are folks in Mercer County who have done the exact same thing. And I have zero issues with hold backs at any school but you always seem to mention this about this group of kids at Boyle County while at the same time cheering on hold backs that are currently student athletes at Mercer County.

Who cares who held back? We all follow the same rules in this state. Get over it! Everyone Boyle played had the same guideline on eligibility. Everyone just wants to cry.

As for most talented team in the state, only one of us has a state title and it's us.

Who cares who held back? We all follow the same rules in this state. Get over it! Everyone Boyle played had the same guideline on eligibility. Everyone just wants to cry.

As for most talented team in the state, only one of us has a state title and it's us.

Really?!?! You're going to go with that?

Lol

You realize it's a great tourney, the best one around...but it's not a KHSAA state tourney, right?!??

You have a great team that had a great season. As did Boyle.

Really?!?! You're going to go with that?

Lol

You realize it's a great tourney, the best one around...but it's not a KHSAA state tourney, right?!??

You have a great team that had a great season. As did Boyle.

If you want to have a leg to stand on, play the tournament! Until then boast your little league conference title... Just don't claim to be the man until you balls up and play in the tournament.

Btw, South Oldham HS 9-1. Elizabethtown HS 10-0, Belfry HS 9-1. Looks like the KMSFA is a pretty darn good indicator and as close to KHSAA as it gets.

Belfry is a great program.

Boyle is a great program.

I really have no ill will towards them and didn't realize they would get so tore up about my comment that we'd "handle them" this year.

My apologies if it somehow offended anyone.

I agree. Both great programs. Just don't agree with comments like that. You guys have a chance to lay that claim just like we did. We took it. I'm sure the kids will settle it in high school.

If you want to have a leg to stand on, play the tournament! Until then boast your little league conference title... Just don't claim to be the man until you balls up and play in the tournament.

Btw, South Oldham HS 9-1. Elizabethtown HS 10-0, Belfry HS 9-1. Looks like the KMSFA is a pretty darn good indicator and as close to KHSAA as it gets.

Someone needs a hug.