Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Division 2 Championship: Belfry 14 South Oldham 8

Featured Replies

Frankfort Bondurant

Mercer Co

Boyle Co

East Jessamine

West Jessamine

Danville

Lincoln Co

Anderson Co (lost in D1 Elite 8 in state tourney)

 

That's all? 8 teams? Wow. Not to knock it, I just expected more. It's definitely more of a feat to win the KMSFA State Championship. There were close to 30 teams in Division 2 this season. Anderson County was beat out by Union, who eventual champ Johnson County beat the life out of. We beat Johnson twice, including shutting them out on their field.

 

We used to do county, and then had a conference (which was set up to go into the KYMSFA) but honestly - just schedule the same teams and play in KMSFA. It's so much better. You guys played in a 8 team conference within your area. We played in a tournament that featured teams from as far east as Belfry, as far west as Logan County, multiple Louisville schools, and as far down as the Tennessee line. I'm sure your conference is very stout but you definitely can't compare that to the KYMSFA.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There were 76 teams in the 3 8th grade state tournaments.

We beat Anderson twice with a combined score of 76-14. We have been in our conference for at least 2 decades...it's not something you can just decide one day, "Hey, let's screw these other schools and just leave and do our own thing!" It's worked for us for a long time and I don't see it changing. It is what it is.

We beat Anderson twice with a combined score of 76-14. We have been in our conference for at least 2 decades...it's not something you can just decide one day, "Hey, let's screw these other schools and just leave and do our own thing!" It's worked for us for a long time and I don't see it changing. It is what it is.

 

Let's do math.

Union beat Anderson 32-12

Bowling Green beat Union 38-8

 

Clearly from the D1 title game Johnson and Bowling Green were nearly even but Johnson a little better. That puts Johnson roughly 40 points better than Anderson, right?

 

We beat them 44-24 and 14-0. Lol.

 

My point is, We at least have an argument. You can't judge us based off of one game, a real bad one, without the best LB in Kentucky. Respect to you guys though. Hopefully we can hook up next year.

Let's do math.

Union beat Anderson 32-12

Bowling Green beat Union 38-8

 

Clearly from the D1 title game Johnson and Bowling Green were nearly even but Johnson a little better. That puts Johnson roughly 40 points better than Anderson, right?

 

We beat them 44-24 and 14-0. Lol.

 

My point is, We at least have an argument. You can't judge us based off of one game, a real bad one, without the best LB in Kentucky. Respect to you guys though. Hopefully we can hook up next year.

 

I'm assuming you are a Belfry fan?

 

And you can't judge things like that. All I know is this...there is no team in KY with the offensive diversity as BCMS. We can throw it or run it equally as effective. I fully believe there were several games the score could have threatened 100 points if we chose to play without 2nd team.

 

It would have been great to have played some of these teams but there was no way to have made it happen this year.

 

Our team next year will be good but nowhere near the strength of the past two seasons.

 

Congrats and Good luck to you guys, see ya in a couple of years! ;)

I'm assuming you are a Belfry fan?

 

And you can't judge things like that. All I know is this...there is no team in KY with the offensive diversity as BCMS. We can throw it or run it equally as effective.

 

It would have been great to have played some of these teams but there was no way to have made it happen this year.

 

Our team next year will be good but nowhere near the strength of the past two seasons.

 

Good luck to you guys, see ya in a couple of years! ;)

 

Oh I'm sure you're right. I can also guarantee you at full strength you haven't seen an offense that can run like Belfry's. Before the bad luck, we had 2 full back fields. I also have to admit that #34 for us wasn't at full strength this weekend. He's a different kid than what you saw. Here's his highlight

 

Regular season highlights - Peyton Hensley highlights

 

Like I said, I'm sure Boyle was very good. I'm just proving we have our argument too. Personally, I'll take our squad against any... but I'd have loved to have played this year.

 

Good luck to you guys too, hopefully our HS can beat yours in December.

If you have a highlight of Reece Smith, I'd love to see it.

Oh I'm sure you're right. I can also guarantee you at full strength you haven't seen an offense that can run like Belfry's. Before the bad luck, we had 2 full back fields. I also have to admit that #34 for us wasn't at full strength this weekend. He's a different kid than what you saw. Here's his highlight

 

Regular season highlights - Peyton Hensley highlights

 

Like I said, I'm sure Boyle was very good. I'm just proving we have our argument too. Personally, I'll take our squad against any... but I'd have loved to have played this year.

 

Good luck to you guys too, hopefully our HS can beat yours in December.

 

If we don't quit turning the ball over we won't play next weekend. ;)

If you have a highlight of Reece Smith, I'd love to see it.

 

No hudl or YouTube.

 

Can't get video from my phone to download.

 

Btw, I did watch your video and the kid looks good but two things. 1.) don't talk to me about strength of schedule ever again, lol. And 2.) those holes would not have been there vs BCMS D.

 

I have plenty I could share, but no way to make it happen.

  • Author
No hudl or YouTube.

 

Can't get video from my phone to download.

 

Btw, I did watch your video and the kid looks good but two things. 1.) don't talk to me about strength of schedule ever again, lol. And 2.) those holes would not have been there vs BCMS D.

 

I have plenty I could share, but no way to make it happen.

 

Actually:

The Team in Yellow you keep seeing him light up is Division 1 Champs Johnson County

 

The Team with white helmets and maroon pants is Division 3 Runner-Up Pikeville

 

The team with black jerseys with blue and orange numbering and blue helmets/pants is Southern Pulaski who was probably one of the Top 3 or 4 teams in Division 1

 

That's actually some pretty quality competition he is making look silly HAHA Letcher Central and Hazard at the start were not much..but those are three pretty daggone good teams he is scorching.

 

If you click on Hensley's profile you can also see him lighting up Paducah Tilghman and Barrett out of Louisville in last year's Championship weekend when he was a 7th Grader. Kid is going to be special! Was probably playing at about 75% this weekend.

 

Belfry HS will return 8 starters each way next year as they are very Junior Heavy...but I would expect Hensley and the Cook kid to see the field by their Sophomore year.

Actually:

The Team in Yellow you keep seeing him light up is Division 1 Champs Johnson County

 

The Team with white helmets and maroon pants is Division 3 Runner-Up Pikeville

 

The team with black jerseys with blue and orange numbering and blue helmets/pants is Southern Pulaski who was probably one of the Top 3 or 4 teams in Division 1

 

That's actually some pretty quality competition he is making look silly HAHA Letcher Central and Hazard at the start were not much..but those are three pretty daggone good teams he is scorching.

 

If you click on Hensley's profile you can also see him lighting up Paducah Tilghman and Barrett out of Louisville in last year's Championship weekend when he was a 7th Grader. Kid is going to be special! Was probably playing at about 75% this weekend.

 

Belfry HS will return 8 starters each way next year as they are very Junior Heavy...but I would expect Hensley and the Cook kid to see the field by their Sophomore year.

 

Well....with all honesty I can tell you that our defense would not allow runs like that against them. We are solid and with Reese Smith at safety...if you get thru the front seven you're going to have a surprise waiting for you. Lol

 

I'm not saying the kid isn't really good, it's obvious he is, I'm just saying that we would be very difficult to beat.

 

I have it on good word from someone that knows.

Actually:

The Team in Yellow you keep seeing him light up is Division 1 Champs Johnson County

 

The Team with white helmets and maroon pants is Division 3 Runner-Up Pikeville

 

The team with black jerseys with blue and orange numbering and blue helmets/pants is Southern Pulaski who was probably one of the Top 3 or 4 teams in Division 1

 

That's actually some pretty quality competition he is making look silly HAHA Letcher Central and Hazard at the start were not much..but those are three pretty daggone good teams he is scorching.

 

If you click on Hensley's profile you can also see him lighting up Paducah Tilghman and Barrett out of Louisville in last year's Championship weekend when he was a 7th Grader. Kid is going to be special! Was probably playing at about 75% this weekend.

 

Belfry HS will return 8 starters each way next year as they are very Junior Heavy...but I would expect Hensley and the Cook kid to see the field by their Sophomore year.

 

 

BCHS is very Sophomore heavy and may take a step back next year but after that (when these 8th graders are Sophomores) BCHS will be very stout for many years to come. Boyle County Youth Football has groomed some great teams down thru 3rd grade right now. It's pretty remarkable to be honest.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.