Highlands 32 Boone County 6

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guessing that this was a game only the parents went to. A comparatively down Highlands team looking to get to the first round of the playoffs vs. a Boone team with the coals still glowing from a fire that claimed a once proud program. Just hope everyone came out of it healthy and ready for the playoffs, and that the free-fall ends soon for Boone.

No not at all. That statement ran into the other I see. I was referring to passing stats. In all honesty, have no idea what they were, but probably doesn't represent what I watched last night. Just me I guess.

On to playoffs. Highlands plays a highly touted offensive line in Woodford Cty. Will be a huge test for Highlands d line.

It was senior night for Boone and the pride this team exhibited on the field was inspiring. Boone came to play. The score was close for a long time. Highlands players will be able to tell you that Boone did some hitting tonight. One of the best of those hits came on a goal line offensive play for Boone. The fullback led into the hole and absolutely walloped the first defender that had the misfortune of meeting him there. He drove him straight back. RB scored easily. The Fullback also plays middle linebacker--Chandler Feinhauer (or however he spells it). I also loved seeing Cahill back in the line-up. Missed several games with an injury. He runs hard and does not quit until the whistle blows. And how about #5, Amadou Daow?! (I apologize for the spelling :sorry:) He ran with purpose. What a load to bring down. I love his running style. Tough kid. I'd love to know how many yards he had last night. And the line was doing what they do best, getting a push and creating space for the backs to get through. I thought this was one of their best games this season. The offense can build on this.

Boone fans had a lot to cheer about last night but by the fourth quarter Highlands had scored when given opportunity and Boone not so much. I say that, not to be negative about Boone, but to say that playing well and inspired is not what we are satisfied with. I am proud of the way Boone played last night. They were playing football and earned respect from the opponent. And it looked like they were playing to turn this program around and make a winner. That's what everyone at Boone is looking towards.

Guessing that this was a game only the parents went to. A comparatively down Highlands team looking to get to the first round of the playoffs vs. a Boone team with the coals still glowing from a fire that claimed a once proud program. Just hope everyone came out of it healthy and ready for the playoffs, and that the free-fall ends soon for Boone.

I saw some grandparents also. And a visitor from France.

Same old same old. 10th game of the year and still on 3 different occasions, punt team doesn't have enough personnel on the field. Freaking joke! This is where this team is. Oh, and don't let some stats fool you folks!

On to playoffs!

Go Birds!

I don't understand this post. What's up with the stats?