Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals to cut AJ Hawk?

Featured Replies

I think anyone expecting Burfict to contribute in a meaningful way this season is kidding themselves. If he's healthy enough, activate him as late as you can and hope he can give you a dozen or so productive snaps when the calendar turns. JMO.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed! With Hawk having so much playoff experience, and with how banged up the Bengals linebackers were last year. I just don't see the Bengals taking a chance at being thin there again, especially they won't know for sure what they have in Burfict until he actually plays in games. Marcus Hunt would be the odd man out on the defensive side of the ball IMO. However NFL teams are creative, there will be someone who ends up with an simple injury that allows them to put them on the IR for the year.

 

I have a friend who believes Brandon Tate plays with a full blown lobotomy sometimes. Would that count? :lol2:

If the NFL was serious about doing the right thing they would put all teams on notice that have players coming off the IR that if the team does anything creative we are going to be up your Brady with an Indycheck.

 

Very true. However it would be a hard thing for the NFL to win on that too. A guy could get a simple sprain ankle and a team realistically could IR him for the year, and say they didn't want to rush him back and risk possibly hurt his ankle even more. So it was best to IR him and give a year of rehab.

I think anyone expecting Burfict to contribute in a meaningful way this season is kidding themselves. If he's healthy enough, activate him as late as you can and hope he can give you a dozen or so productive snaps when the calendar turns. JMO.

 

I am opposite of everyone on this. I know a lot of people are worried about his head injuries from last year. I don't think that will be a problem at all this year. It all just depends on how well he responds to playing football again after having a serious knee procedure done. He is a very smart and instinctive football player. So I definitely think he will help. Now will he be dominant like he was two years ago? Probably not, but will he be solid and probably an upgrade to the current linebackers corps, yes.

I think Little and Hunt are the ones to go. Hunt even more because as Guru stated, Chris Carter is more of a DE than a LB so that versatility helps.

  • Author

That was fc I think.

 

I would probably cut Little first.

There are 2-3 games before they could activate them. It's likely a couple will get hurt. WE have been very very lucky this year thus far.

 

If not, then I agree it would be Little and Hunt.

They will put someone on IR.

There are 2-3 games before they could activate them. It's likely a couple will get hurt. WE have been very very lucky this year thus far.

 

If not, then I agree it would be Little and Hunt.

 

They can activate them the very next game. Meaning they both could play against the Steelers. The three week window begins once the Bengals allow them to practice. After they practice they can wait three weeks before making a move. However they could decide to active them by next game.

  • Author
I think anyone expecting Burfict to contribute in a meaningful way this season is kidding themselves. If he's healthy enough, activate him as late as you can and hope he can give you a dozen or so productive snaps when the calendar turns. JMO.

 

If he is truly healthy I disagree. Tez is so much more talented than what we currently have on the field he is definitely an upgrade.

 

Most of all, if he isn't healthy I would hold him out the whole year even though this looks like our best shot in the postseason.

The Marcus Hunt experiment is over folks.

They will probably cut CB Chris Lewis-Harris.

They can activate them the very next game. Meaning they both could play against the Steelers. The three week window begins once the Bengals allow them to practice. After they practice they can wait three weeks before making a move. However they could decide to active them by next game.

 

Yes, I know, but everything I am reading is they probably will wait on both. Burfict may be ready, though.

Yes, I know, but everything I am reading is they probably will wait on both. Burfict may be ready, though.

 

I think they will wait on activating our first round pick. As long as Burfict looks good in practice then he probably will be activated for the Steelers game or at worst the week after on Thursday night against the Browns.

They will probably cut CB Chris Lewis-Harris.

 

That dude gets cut more than a skinny kid in the lunch line at elementary school.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.