Excellent E:60 On JJ Watt

Clyde

I posed the question after watching the piece on Watt. Texans are inconsistent to say the least and it starts at QB. Can they get a stud QB, pay Watt, AND get enough other talent?

You add a stud QB to the current roster, and sure they'll probably win their division. Dalton isn't that guy though, and especially not at the expense of the best player on the field.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If JJ Watt didnt play for the Texans I would own one of his jerseys. That being said, I think that front office will look back on last year draft and pull their hair out. They had a shot at taking Bortles 1st overall, the Vikes leap frogged them to take Bridgewater and they passed on Derek Carr.

You add a stud QB to the current roster, and sure they'll probably win their division. Dalton isn't that guy though, and especially not at the expense of the best player on the field.

One thing that keeps me happy about the Texans situation. I think JJ Watt is such a dominating force that he will keep that team mediocre enough from ever getting a top QB in a draft.

I'm a fan of JJ Watt and want him to be successful. But I have quite a few friends that don't care for him at all. They say he just does stuff for the cameras.

If they're basing that on HBO then they're right but I'd say that was at the request of HBO.

I'm a fan of JJ Watt and want him to be successful. But I have quite a few friends that don't care for him at all. They say he just does stuff for the cameras.

If they're basing that on HBO then they're right but I'd say that was at the request of HBO.

I used to like him a lot more, but his public persona is increasingly nauseating. And I love seeing defensive players get due credit.

I'm not entirely sure what they are basing it on. What happened with HBO?

I just feel like any time Watt is doing something one of my friends is quick to bash him on Twitter. I guess I'll have to see if he commented about the E:60.

I'm saying if you took Watt off the Texans the last 2 seasons and added Dalton, they'd have still missed the postseason both years.

Outside of Watt, Clowney (if he's healthy), and Hopkins there is almost no talent in Houston.

Foster, when healthy, is still a top tier back.

This all goes to roster construction. It is great to have a guy as talented as Watt on your roster but if he misses a game, the Vegas odds on the game may be affected by one point (at the most). If a top tier QB misses a game, the Vegas odds may be affected by a 4-7 points (or more in the case of someone like Brady or Rodgers). You just cannot pay a guy IMO $15MM or more (see Suh in Miami as well) unless he is a QB. I don't like that the NFL game has become so QB dependent but with the rules all geared towards passing and offense, you HAVE to have very good QB to be a contender. You do not have to have one great defensive lineman to be a contender.