Best Bluegrass preps accounts

D1Son

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Habib always makes the most sense to me and I look forward to reading his posts. I'm also a fan of PepRock's musings.

However, I greatly miss Birdsfan and Alabama Larry. Those two would be in my top choices. To have them back, if only for a day...

Thanks TB&G :thumb:

I should also add I've kept coming back to this site in large part to TB&G, Randy Parker, PP92, Getslow, HT, rockmom and probably a bunch more I'm blanking on now.

I won't get into a long list because I just don't have that much time. I enjoy everyone's posts.

I remember a thread we had one time that had some awards that was hilarious and so spot on (I got voted most likely to punch you in the face with words).

I do think that the posters I pay the most attention to are: Getslow, Habib, TB&G, Mentch..........., Clyde, Bluegrasscard, TrinityAlum, CWB, Watusi, LRCW, mcpapa, bballfan, PepRock, Deuce, mtnref, LiptonBash and leatherneck.

That doesn't make them better than anyone else, but when I see they've posted, I've GOT to read.

I won't get into a long list because I just don't have that much time. I enjoy everyone's posts.

I remember a thread we had one time that had some awards that was hilarious and so spot on (I got voted most likely to punch you in the face with words).

I do think that the posters I pay the most attention to are: Getslow, Habib, TB&G, Mentch..........., Clyde, Bluegrasscard, TrinityAlum, CWB, Watusi, LRCW, mcpapa, bballfan, PepRock, Deuce, mtnref, LiptonBash and leatherneck.

That doesn't make them better than anyone else, but when I see they've posted, I've GOT to read.

And now I see more I left out. Smh.

I post on here periodically, but I do read often. Here's my take:

Getslow and Randy Parker are both excellent when they take on threads alone, but when they clash its always an entertaining thread.

Clyde probably posts (with a few exceptions) more relatable ideas to me than any other poster does.

I love clashes with Science Friction; he/she always seems to challenge (thus, make stronger) my personal beliefs.

paNDA's pictures are legendary, although his Facebook page is where I find most of them.

B-Ball-Fan has great posts as well (even when we disagree), because I always know I can set aside a good 10-15 minutes every night when I see he quoted me. :D

There are plenty more posters who I'd love to post about, but the above list are the first that come to mind.

And now I see more I left out. Smh.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to NOT leave someone out. Every single poster is valuable. Everyone has their own uniqueness that makes me love reading what they post. I have been here 13 years. 13 YEARS! I wouldn't have stayed if there were only a handful of people I enjoyed reading.

Do I get a trophy?

I hate to make a list as I know I will leave several worthies out. However, I would be remiss if I did not at the very least mention my fellow BGP staff - admins, moderators and guides. I have had the pleasure of meeting several over the years and wish I could sit down with each and every one of them. There's not a one that I wouldn't jump in a foxhole with.

Sweeperboy, Sweeperboy, Sweeperboy you got your ears on? Looking for a few rosters and thought you might be able to help out. Just Sayin.

Help me understand something???

Songwriter Elvis Perkins (son of the late actor Anthony Perkins) wrote and released a song called "Shampoo" where the first line of the song is

"Sweep up, little sweeper boy

It's you who's got the wig on here

Sweep up, little sweeper boy, sweep up"

I like the tune, but admittedly never really knew what he was singing about.

Then here I see "Jack of all Trades" say

"Sweeperboy, Sweeperboy, Sweeperboy you got your ears on?"

Somehow there is a similarity here and I was wondering if there is a connection in the phrases and if they point back to something like a book or movie that I'm not aware of, or are you choice of words merely a coincidence? When googling I can't locate anything that's a help.

I hate to make a list as I know I will leave several worthies out. However, I would be remiss if I did not at the very least mention my fellow BGP staff - admins, moderators and guides. I have had the pleasure of meeting several over the years and wish I could sit down with each and every one of them. There's not a one that I wouldn't jump in a foxhole with.

Care to really re-think this. :lol2:

I'll try to be brief... LOL!

No seriously...

I can completely relate to what some of you have already said about not wanting to make a list for fear of leaving anyone out, and how you can't help but read certain members' posts. No doubt there are certain ones for all kinds of reasons who stand out to me prompting me to take a closer look, but with that said there are many more that I can't resist reading either.

I am SO tempted to make a list because as I type there are many names popping into my head, but then again I know that if I start I'll obsess over it and will be here all night thinking of just one more, and then just one more, and then just one more, and the Thursday Night Football game is just about to start and I really want to watch it.

Each and every day this site is grows on me more and more when there was a time long ago that I couldn't even see myself getting all that wrapped up...and now I can't imagine going a day without checking it out.

Believe it or not, sometimes I go long spells without posting anything, and then before you know it I'll make up for that and won't know where to stop.

Sometimes I even feel guilty for not contributing to a thread when it is completely interesting to me, and other times I'll compose a post and delete before posting it because believe it or not, I'll deem it overkill. LOL!

I burn out...I refuel...I burn out...I refuel...but no matter what I read posts everyday, and this site has become my primary source for current issues and events because if it's worth noting, someone undoubtedly will.

For your sake as well as mine, knowing my posting habits... taking a break from posting once in a while is probably a good idea to give me, as well as everyone else a chance to come up for air.

There are discussion sites all over the internet, but I can say without hesitation that this one is unique with an awesome and unique bunch of members. The Guru has started something magnificent here and had the wisdom and vision from the get go to apply certain rules to keep us all from going overboard and getting too crazy. It's like we're all comedians here and have been restricted from using F-Bombs which has only made our material better, and prompts us to be more clever, funny, and intelligent.

I honestly had planned on being more brief in this post than this, but we all know how that goes huh?

I'll try to be brief... LOL!

No seriously...

I can completely relate to what some of you have already said about not wanting to make a list for fear of leaving anyone out, and how you can't help but read certain members' posts. No doubt there are certain ones for all kinds of reasons who stand out to me prompting me to take a closer look, but with that said there are many more that I can't resist reading either.

I am SO tempted to make a list because as I type there are many names popping into my head, but then again I know that if I start I'll obsess over it and will be here all night thinking of just one more, and then just one more, and then just one more, and the Thursday Night Football game is just about to start and I really want to watch it.

Each and every day this site is grows on me more and more when there was a time long ago that I couldn't even see myself getting all that wrapped up...and now I can't imagine going a day without checking it out.

Believe it or not, sometimes I go long spells without posting anything, and then before you know it I'll make up for that and won't know where to stop.

Sometimes I even feel guilty for not contributing to a thread when it is completely interesting to me, and other times I'll compose a post and delete before posting it because believe it or not, I'll deem it overkill. LOL!

I burn out...I refuel...I burn out...I refuel...but no matter what I read posts everyday, and this site has become my primary source for current issues and events because if it's worth noting, someone undoubtedly will.

For your sake as well as mine, knowing my posting habits... taking a break from posting once in a while is probably a good idea to give me, as well as everyone else a chance to come up for air.

There are discussion sites all over the internet, but I can say without hesitation that this one is unique with an awesome and unique bunch of members. The Guru has started something magnificent here and had the wisdom and vision from the get go to apply certain rules to keep us all from going overboard and getting too crazy. It's like we're all comedians here and have been restricted from using F-Bombs which has only made our material better, and prompts us to be more clever, funny, and intelligent.

I honestly had planned on being more brief in this post than this, but we all know how that goes huh?

At least you were brief...jk