Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Am I Being Detained? Video

Featured Replies

^ With all that said my advice to everyone is still, don't commit any crimes and cooperate with the police.

 

It just gets old after a while... Meaning never doing anything you aren't supposed to and still be harassed from time to time.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just gets old after a while... Meaning never doing anything you aren't supposed to and still be harassed from time to time.

 

I understand Deuce.

 

My only comeback is for everyone in those type of situations to video the encounter and take legal action against the police.

I understand Deuce.

 

My only comeback is for everyone in those type of situations to video the encounter and take legal action against the police.

 

Don't get me wrong, I've never been in a situation where I thought I was in danger. I can just understand the frustration of people not always just doing whatever the police ask or say.

It just gets old after a while... Meaning never doing anything you aren't supposed to and still be harassed from time to time.

 

It gets old when folks get their butts beat by baiting cops and not cooperating. Not saying it justifies what the cops do but it happens. 12:30 at night, walking first and starts jogging when he sees the cop. I've jogged many times and never had my ID on me? If he tells the cop, hey I'm Bill Smith, here is my ID to prove it, I live a mile down the road and just blowing off some steam. cop says thanks have a good night. My video locked up on me at the 2:36 mark so never did see how this ended. Video is over 11 minutes long. Answer the simple questions and he would have had about 60 seconds of his life being bothered by a man who is trying to protect and serve. Curious as to what the man was wearing. Jogging suit or something else.

Again, the question doesn't center so much around the ID issue. Did the officer have a legal reason to detain?

 

JWB.

It gets old when folks get their butts beat by baiting cops and not cooperating. Not saying it justifies what the cops do but it happens. 12:30 at night, walking first and starts jogging when he sees the cop. I've jogged many times and never had my ID on me? If he tells the cop, hey I'm Bill Smith, here is my ID to prove it, I live a mile down the road and just blowing off some steam. cop says thanks have a good night. My video locked up on me at the 2:36 mark so never did see how this ended. Video is over 11 minutes long. Answer the simple questions and he would have had about 60 seconds of his life being bothered by a man who is trying to protect and serve. Curious as to what the man was wearing. Jogging suit or something else.

 

The mentality "Cooperate or get your butt beat" is pretty ignorant and one of the many issues facing us when it comes to police and the rest of society.

JWB.

 

[video=youtube;qOOfAfT-ecM]

It seems some people here want the police to be reactive only.

 

Many criminals would go free if the police decided to stop being proactive and instead decided to take the report and let it go...

It seems some people here want the police to be reactive only.

 

Many criminals would go free if the police decided to stop being proactive and instead decided to take the report and let it go...

 

Which is exactly what needs to happen so America can decide EXACTLY what powers it wants police officers to have.

I would of just said I'm jogging and don't have ID. The gentleman was correct to ask if he was being detained. Once the officer changed his mind after I asked the question I would of filed a complaint.

Which is exactly what needs to happen so America can decide EXACTLY what powers it wants police officers to have.

 

As long as "America" is who is making the decision about the limits of police power, I'm good with that....it's the over reach that is a problem, and it's not just a racial profiling either, we experience redneck profiling out in the county in many instances as well.

As long as "America" is who is making the decision about the limits of police power, I'm good with that....it's the over reach that is a problem, and it's not just a racial profiling either, we experience redneck profiling out in the county in many instances as well.

 

If you're referring to the guy walking along the side of the road in his jeans with his T-shirt off, it's been my experience those guys are rarely up to any good, and local liquor stores and carryouts should be on high alert.

If you're referring to the guy walking along the side of the road in his jeans with his T-shirt off, it's been my experience those guys are rarely up to any good, and local liquor stores and carryouts should be on high alert.

 

Well I guess maybe I should retract my prior statement about "America" making those decisions....

 

Just curious, have you had a lot of run ins with guys with jeans and no shirt or is this just anecdotal fantasy land ?

If you're walking around in public without a shirt on, I'm shooting you just because; no questions asked. Especially if you have a wife beater hanging out of your back pocket.

 

:puke:

If you're walking around in public without a shirt on, I'm shooting you just because; no questions asked. Especially if you have a wife beater hanging out of your back pocket.

 

:puke:

 

....yet another good reason for LA to not be allowed to have anything but the Red Rider and a pair of safety glasses.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.