Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Am I Being Detained? Video

Featured Replies

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the thread title I thought someone was washing, waxing and rubbing you down with Armor All :)

  • Author
Looking at the thread title I thought someone was washing, waxing and rubbing you down with Armor All :)

 

Gosh darnit. Can someone fix that for my fat-finger-typing self? Detained!

I'd say it's different in every state.

Gosh darnit. Can someone fix that for my fat-finger-typing self? Detained!

 

If your finger is so fat it went from the N to the L, you need to go to the doctor my man. :lol2:

Gosh darnit. Can someone fix that for my fat-finger-typing self? Detained!

 

I got you.

 

#taxed

  • Author
I'd say it's different in every state.

 

It is from what I gather.

 

Issue seems to revolve around the requirements for a stop. Is a guy jogging late at night in an area where two weeks ago there were robberies enough justification in the court of law?

 

Seems rather open-ended to me.

  • Author
I got you.

 

#taxed

 

Trust me. First thing I thought of.

Trust me. First thing I thought of.

 

:lol2:

 

I'll never forget it. And in case you get old & senile, I'll never let you forget it either.

When asked what he was running from, his answer should have been pizza.

 

But, I'm not going to act like I would have interacted with the police in a different way. He wasn't doing anything wrong, and there really wasn't any reason to suspect hin of anything. He wasn't running from them or because of them.

If he is being detailed, wouldn't one assume hes already been detained.

 

It is from what I gather.

 

Issue seems to revolve around the requirements for a stop. Is a guy jogging late at night in an area where two weeks ago there were robberies enough justification in the court of law?

 

Seems rather open-ended to me.

 

I'd say it depends.

  • Author
I'd say it depends.

 

On?

 

On?

 

Time of day, what he was wearing, what he was doing, crime in the area, how he acts when you talk to him...

 

Police can strike up conversation with anyone. When the officer did with this man, he was out of breath and his answers were evasive. I understand him exercising his rights, but I also understand why his answers could cause suspicion.

 

The officer probably is familiar with that area. It's possible that people running through there at 1230 am is not common.

 

If he stopped the one black guy out of a group of 10 joggers, I could agree right away with racial profiling.

 

Id also be interested in what the guy was wearing.

Btw the article you posted is..well..terrible.

 

Sounds like it came straight from cop block.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.