Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 20 Covington Holy Cross 13

Featured Replies

Final.

 

Sounds like a great game.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#7 NCC struggles with Kenton County rival Holy Cross.

 

Better get it together Breds.

  • Author
#7 NCC struggles with cross county rival Holy Cross.

 

Better get it together Breds.

 

You fail NKY geography.

You fail NKY geography.

 

I corrected it. And don't make me start on your murdered thread title. You got both schools wrong. :bunny:

NewCath play calling has become stale and predictable just like the days of Bob.

  • Author
I corrected it. And don't make me start on your murdered thread title. You got both schools wrong. :bunny:

 

I am old school. NC

I am old school. NC

 

Anti-Chick I see...

Very entertaining game to say the least. I was very impressed with Holy Cross, they shoved it right down the Breds throat. The Breds might have bent, but didn't break. However, if this team wants to make a return to the title game, the penalties have got to be decreased significantly. Just looking back at the update thread, I posted 13, and I might not of posted a few.

 

Big play in this one......(I think it was) Luke Kues comes from the blindside and drills Hamilton Scott who losses the ball and it's recovered by Austin Neff on the Holy Cross 20, with 9:00 to go in the game and NewCath up 14-13. A few plays later Smith goes in for the score.

 

The Indians Jr. running back, Xavier Abernathy, is a LOAD. He was taking it right to the NewCath line, and was getting the best of them.

 

The boys in blue 'n gold need to play more disciplined, cause it doesn't get an easier with the Lloyd Juggs coming to Newport next Friday.

I am old school. NC

 

That's what I'm talkin' bout, can't stand that extra "C". :no:

Calling @Clyde for a rules explanation.

 

Getting late in the 4th quarter and Holy Cross punts down to about the 5 yard line. The NewCath player is at the 10 yard line for the punt, doesn't fair catch, retreats to the 3 and decides to let the ball hit. The ball doesn't bounce into the end zone and the NewCath player attempts to block the Holy Cross player coming to make the tackle/down the ball. As the NewCath player attempts to block the Holy Cross player, he is knocked backwards into the ball at the 2 yard line. The referee throws the bean bag which I assume to mean he sees the NewCath player touch the ball. The ball squirts into the end zone where the Holy Cross player picks up the ball. The refs blow the whistle without signalling touchdown and have a conference. The ball is ruled a touch back and NewCath has 1st down on their own 20, where they proceed to run out the clock. The play happened quickly and I described as I saw it happen. Is this the correct ruling or did the refs get it wrong?

Horrible officiating gave this game to Newcath. I am an unbiased third party just there because I thought I might catch a good game. It was in fact a great game but the officials took it away from the Indians on a botched punt return by NewCath. Smith was unsure of what to do with a punt because he got blown up on a punt return earlier in the game. The ball bounced off of him at the 3 yard line. HC picked it up in the end zone on what should have been an Indian TD. They ruled it a touchback and NewCath ball. On the other side of it NewCath was very heavily penalized. I firmly believe that they are undisciplined and if they run into the Indians in the playoffs they may run out of luck.

NewCath play calling has become stale and predictable just like the days of Bob.

 

Not trying to be sarcastic, but who would of thought? Sounds like they aren't playing smart as well, too many penalties according to LB.

Calling @Clyde for a rules explanation.

 

Getting late in the 4th quarter and Holy Cross punts down to about the 5 yard line. The NewCath player is at the 10 yard line for the punt, doesn't fair catch, retreats to the 3 and decides to let the ball hit. The ball doesn't bounce into the end zone and the NewCath player attempts to block the Holy Cross player coming to make the tackle/down the ball. As the NewCath player attempts to block the Holy Cross player, he is knocked backwards into the ball at the 2 yard line. The referee throws the bean bag which I assume to mean he sees the NewCath player touch the ball. The ball squirts into the end zone where the Holy Cross player picks up the ball. The refs blow the whistle without signalling touchdown and have a conference. The ball is ruled a touch back and NewCath has 1st down on their own 20, where they precede to run out the clock. The play happened quickly and I described as I saw it happen. Is this the correct ruling or did the refs get it wrong?

 

Jake Smith looked like he was getting out of the way of the ball, and the Holy Cross player just "drilled" him into the ball. It was obvious Smith had NO intention of touching the ball that deep. I thought it should have been a penalty on the Holy Cross player for the hit......but what do I know. :lol2:

NewCath and lack of discipline when it comes to penalties is a perennial problem during big games. So far it has hurt them in 4 games. This is on the players. Discipline comes from within, not from without. Find it and you can go far. Stay the current course and lose an important game that you should not have lost. Coaches can only do so much.

Horrible officiating gave this game to Newcath. I am an unbiased third party just there because I thought I might catch a good game. It was in fact a great game but the officials took it away from the Indians on a botched punt return by NewCath. Smith was unsure of what to do with a punt because he got blown up on a punt return earlier in the game. The ball bounced off of him at the 3 yard line. HC picked it up in the end zone on what should have been an Indian TD. They ruled it a touchback and NewCath ball. On the other side of it NewCath was very heavily penalized. I firmly believe that they are undisciplined and if they run into the Indians in the playoffs they may run out of luck.

 

.....after he was knocked off his feet by the Holy Cross player, into the ball. The Ref's most certainly DID NOT give this game to NewCath.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.