Fishhead

Who wins on Friday?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Friday?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the $64,000 question: ( IF, or CAN ) Dixie play like they did against Cooper in the first half this past Friday, and that's a BIG IF, Dixie WILL win this game, period, end of story. Dixie must prove they can play 4 quarters, and IF they do, they win this game. :thumb:

Edited by RaiderRailBird

Here is the $64,000 question: ( IF, or CAN ) Dixie plays like they did against Cooper in the first half this past Friday, and that's a BIG IF, Dixie WILL win this game, period, end of story. Dixie must prove they can play 4 quarters, and IF they do, they win this game. :thumb:

One half of football is not an indicator of anything. You should know that after Ryle's game this week. I remember 3 or 4 years ago, Dayton was leading Beechwood at half time. Before the 3rd quarter ended Beechwood had a running clock. Sometimes a turnover or two and a couple breaks can happen in a half.

One half of football is not an indicator of anything. You should know that after Ryle's game this week. I remember 3 or 4 years ago, Dayton was leading Beechwood at half time. Before the 3rd quarter ended Beechwood had a running clock. Sometimes a turnover or two and a couple breaks can happen in a half.

PLEASE read my entire post, I said (IF) Dixie plays a WHOLE game like they did the first half against Cooper they win, it's not that hard to understand. :ohbrother:

PLEASE read my entire post, I said (IF) Dixie plays a WHOLE game like they did the first half against Cooper they win, it's not that hard to understand. :ohbrother:

And I am saying that halftime score was about Cooper and the weather, not what Dixie did. A halftime score does not tell us much about any team. Get it?

;)

How many playoffs games would Highlands need to win before they are 'deep' in the playoffs? Because if they can beat Cov Cath they can win their region, but those are the only two ranked teams in the region and neither is above 8th place.

That's a good question. Everyone plays one, half the teams play two and a quarter of the teams play three. My thinking is a team needs to win 3 and get to the semis to be deep in the playoffs.

And I am saying that halftime score was about Cooper and the weather, not what Dixie did. A halftime score does not tell us much about any team. Get it?

;)

It's clear you didn't see the first half, Dixie was the better team in the first half on film. GET IT? :rolleyes::rolleyes::no:

I'm taking Highlands on this one only because they can attack the field in more ways. But if they continue to have the tackling issues that they have shown in these recent games then it will be a long night. I see Dixie pounding it out on the ground attempting to limit Highlands chances.

I understand staying true to your team and tradition but sometimes realizing its just not your year is ok. What some Highlands fan need to remember here is that this is 5A playoffs this year not 4A. It wont be quite as easy to run the mill.

I'm taking Highlands on this one only because they can attack the field in more ways. But if they continue to have the tackling issues that they have shown in these recent games then it will be a long night. I see Dixie pounding it out on the ground attempting to limit Highlands chances.

I understand staying true to your team and tradition but sometimes realizing its just not your year is ok. What some Highlands fan need to remember here is that this is 5A playoffs this year not 4A. It wont be quite as easy to run the mill.

I agree with your post for the most part except Highlands ran the mill previously in 5A so maybe we were expecting the same results.

What some Highlands fan need to remember here is that this is 5A playoffs this year not 4A. It wont be quite as easy to run the mill.

What some fans need to realize is Highlands knows all about 5A playoffs. They've won four 5A titles.

Those were also different times, different coach, and definitely different teams.

Not saying that Highlands can't do it by any means just making a statement that 4A playoffs and 5A playoffs are a different breed. Struggling early on and then hoping to make a playoff run won't be as easy as it may have before.