Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Call Your Shot 3A

Featured Replies

A

I'll be honest Jack I'm sure the fine folks of Boyle County thought they looked average before the regular season game last year. That same LC team lost three in a row and still made the first game look easy. Penalties have hurt LC more than anything. Against Ryle, CovCath and JC. Can't be a great team shooting ourselves in the foot. It's been addressed and that is why we will beat Boyle County fairly easy

 

Just keep killing them crows I'm sure you will enjoy them in a few weeks. You know as well as I do LC was a lot better last year, and let me let you in on a little secret Boyle is light years better than they were last year so you figure it out if you can. Chuck Smith is in his second year back and Boyle is only gonna get better as each season passes.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the great Chuck Smith is what against Mark Perry? And you guys are the same people even when you lose point the finger at the offensive coordinator. Yes you did. Never taking ownership that you got your butt beat. You've tried to deflect that Smith is 0-2 and it will be 0-3 & maybe 0-4 come November. Accept it. As far as crow there isn't one poster on here that can say I'm not a man of my word when LC has a loss. I didn't blame coordinator, I just took the abuse, and asked for more when it was crow eating time.

@gchs_uk9

 

Not fair..I wanted this kind of debating in my 2A thread

:laugh:

I'll be honest Jack I'm sure the fine folks of Boyle County thought they looked average before the regular season game last year. That same LC team lost three in a row and still made the first game look easy. Penalties have hurt LC more than anything. Against Ryle, CovCath and JC. Can't be a great team shooting ourselves in the foot. It's been addressed and that is why we will beat Boyle County fairly easy

 

We'll see. There is definitely a different feeling to this year's team compared to other recent teams. A different but yet familiar feeling. We shall see.

But the great Chuck Smith is what against Mark Perry? And you guys are the same people even when you lose point the finger at the offensive coordinator. Yes you did. Never taking ownership that you got your butt beat. You've tried to deflect that Smith is 0-2 and it will be 0-3 & maybe 0-4 come November. Accept it. As far as crow there isn't one poster on here that can say I'm not a man of my word when LC has a loss. I didn't blame coordinator, I just took the abuse, and asked for more when it was crow eating time.

Ate my share last year after Sindelar tore his ACL

We'll see. There is definitely a different feeling to this year's team compared to other recent teams. A different but yet familiar feeling. We shall see.

 

I am bluntly honest though man. The mismatches that exist are hard to ignore. The game film doesn't lie. As poor as the play was in two losses LC had over 300 yards in penalties. I'm not concerned at all against Boyle unless there's laundry on the field that Friday.

But the great Chuck Smith is what against Mark Perry? And you guys are the same people even when you lose point the finger at the offensive coordinator. Yes you did. Never taking ownership that you got your butt beat. You've tried to deflect that Smith is 0-2 and it will be 0-3 & maybe 0-4 come November. Accept it. As far as crow there isn't one poster on here that can say I'm not a man of my word when LC has a loss. I didn't blame coordinator, I just took the abuse, and asked for more when it was crow eating time.

 

The 0-2 is since his return and that was with a different oc not sure how that can be considered blame when its the truth. After this season you can dog the man with his old staff intact His past against lex cath from 1999-2003 he never lost to them not once and he didn't play them a couple of those year just using state championship runs as comparison. Just curious how many times did catholic beat chuck and win it all I think the answer is 0!

But the great Chuck Smith is what against Mark Perry? And you guys are the same people even when you lose point the finger at the offensive coordinator. Yes you did. Never taking ownership that you got your butt beat. You've tried to deflect that Smith is 0-2 and it will be 0-3 & maybe 0-4 come November. Accept it. As far as crow there isn't one poster on here that can say I'm not a man of my word when LC has a loss. I didn't blame coordinator, I just took the abuse, and asked for more when it was crow eating time.

 

I always take ownership of losses.

I am bluntly honest though man. The mismatches that exist are hard to ignore. The game film doesn't lie. As poor as the play was in two losses LC had over 300 yards in penalties. I'm not concerned at all against Boyle unless there's laundry on the field that Friday.

 

I am also. This team has exceeded my expectations and I like the way they have been looking. Will I be surprised if Catholic wins? Moreso this year than last year. Will you be surprised if Boyle wins?

As someone with no loyalty to either Boyle or LexCath who has been watching both teams from a far....

 

Boyle has exceeded my expectations for where they would be right now...LexCath is exactly where I anticipated.

 

I figured Boyle to be a 1 loss team and have a couple games in Anderson County and Collins that they would win but in games that those teams exposed some weaknesses. The fact they have thoroughly dominated Bell, Danville, Anderson, and Collins is more than I expected.

 

Entering the year I expected LexCath to struggle with Johnson Central's physicality, I figured they would beat Ryle but lose to CovCath in tight games (flip them), I anticipated they would crush Boone and MadCen.

 

Just in my humble opinion if these two played tomorrow I would take Boyle by 10-13 points. I think Boyle is the more well rounded team and has better line play (the biggest improvement I have seen from them) and is the better Defensive team.

While we are at it..I would take Belfry and Central over LexCath by a score or less.

As someone with no loyalty to either Boyle or LexCath who has been watching both teams from a far....

 

Boyle has exceeded my expectations for where they would be right now...LexCath is exactly where I anticipated.

 

I figured Boyle to be a 1 loss team and have a couple games in Anderson County and Collins that they would win but in games that those teams exposed some weaknesses. The fact they have thoroughly dominated Bell, Danville, Anderson, and Collins is more than I expected.

 

Entering the year I expected LexCath to struggle with Johnson Central's physicality, I figured they would beat Ryle but lose to CovCath in tight games (flip them), I anticipated they would crush Boone and MadCen.

 

Just in my humble opinion if these two played tomorrow I would take Boyle by 10-13 points. I think Boyle is the more well rounded team and has better line play (the biggest improvement I have seen from them) and is the better Defensive team.

 

I have the same mindset as of today.

But the great Chuck Smith is what against Mark Perry? And you guys are the same people even when you lose point the finger at the offensive coordinator. Yes you did. Never taking ownership that you got your butt beat. You've tried to deflect that Smith is 0-2 and it will be 0-3 & maybe 0-4 come November. Accept it. As far as crow there isn't one poster on here that can say I'm not a man of my word when LC has a loss. I didn't blame coordinator, I just took the abuse, and asked for more when it was crow eating time.

 

Sounds to me like you're making excuses this year you blame the losses on shooting yourself in the foot when the reality is you have lost to better teams this season. You keep on guaranteeing victory we'll see in a few weeks.

Hey Pur ple I clearly said what's his record against Perry? I said that because they both have been head coaches at this point the same amount of time. How can we say give Smith time but not the same for Mark.

Sounds to me like you're making excuses this year you blame the losses on shooting yourself in the foot when the reality is you have lost to better teams this season. You keep on guaranteeing victory we'll see in a few weeks.

 

So what excuse did I use against Boyle? Oh that's right we didn't last year

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.