Austin Crawford recruitment (Bracken County - 2017)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one man's opinion but after watching him play in person I think he's a D3 player. Poor decision making and not athletic. Not sure if he can guard because they played zone all game when I watched.

In watching the highlight tape he doesn't appear to have much explosion.

However, kid can shoot and has a REALLY nice pull up jumper which we don't see enough today. He looks to be able to use a dribble to get enough space even against better athletes.

You may be right on D3 but that shot makes me think NAIA is a possibility.

Austin is very athletic and if he does lack athlectism verse an opponent his body size makes up for it. He has a college point guard type body. I know for a fact that a few D1 schools have been in touch along with Bellarmine, Kentucky Weslyn, Charleston WV, Alabama-Huntsville, and Pikeville.

Go watch him in the AAU circuit while he has the chance to be an actual PG.

Austin is very athletic and if he does lack athlectism verse an opponent his body size makes up for it. He has a college point guard type body. I know for a fact that a few D1 schools have been in touch along with Bellarmine, Kentucky Weslyn, Charleston WV, Alabama-Huntsville, and Pikeville.

I've been telling @Randy Parker that I want to come down and check him out. I need to get that done.

Hope it works out for the best.

I watched him play PG and was not impressed. Probably had 7-8 turnovers against minimal pressure. I hope he proves me wrong and ends up at whatever level he wants to play on.

Austin's goal is 1st and foremost getting a free education, regardless at what level.
That is what it's all about. Happy to see your not buying into the hype. I think very few of the people who express their opinions on this forum related to recruiting have even attended a college game at any level.