The Voice

rockmom

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just doing a man card check here. Who watched MNF and who watched the Voice?

I went to the Father John Misty concert at the Madison Theater (Great show BTW), but deep inside had some anxiety for missing the Big Bang Theory's first episode of the season, and the Monday night game. I like the Voice, but if I had been at home the game would have trumped watching it.

I only got to hear the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter on my car radio on the way home and realized that I had missed what I'd consider a shocking victory for the Jets.

Guess I'm getting old if missing some TV would even slightly bother me when the first matter at hand is a cool buzz band concert.

Judging by the predominantly straight literary artsy hipster crowd at the show, I'd bet that I was the only guy, straight or gay in the crowd that still had his mind on the football game. I even asked a beefy bouncer ate up with his smart phone if he had recently checked the score, and he didn't know what I was talking about.

Hmmm?...I'm petitioning to have his man card revoked ASAP.

Though I didn't forego going to the show, and I don't in the least regret that, I'd venture to say that my man card is still securely intact. If fact on general principles alone it's been upgraded to the deluxe card with all regular additional fees waived.

Jordan Smith on The Voice - NBC.com

Wow I just watched the Harlan dude and all I can say is that was probably the most real moment I've ever seen on the Voice with the judges' reactions and how straightforwardly honest they were with no typical baloney or over reaction. Dude's got a voice and this scene alone has me pumped for this season of the Voice and to follow Jordon's progress as well as to see who else The Voice has in store for us to be amazed with.

I'd like to add too that this also felt like a Susan Boyle moment.