Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How good is Fern Creek?

Featured Replies

And do they have a legitimate chance to win the 5A State Championship?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched them on Hudl. They have big and physical running backs and a lot of speed. It will be a good test for both teams Friday when they play DeSales.

If they beat DeSales on Friday, does that make them better than anyone ranked ahead of them in 5A? If DeSales handles them, do they fall farther down the rankings?

I think so. They certainly would be the lock out of the west, with BG.

I think Fern Creek is good. I'm not sure they are championship good but Friday will go a long way in telling us all where they are at.

Lamarius Kinslow (sp?) for FC is physically very mature...haven't actually seen him play football but he is a solid bball player. He is posting solid football stats this year. I thought the senior running back for Ballard was similar in build to Kinslow but after seeing the Ballard RB, the nod probably goes to Kinslow. Agreed that the DeSales / Fern Creek matchup should be a good one and peel back the onion a little further for each team.

Fern Creek is ranked #4 in 5A in the BGP and Maxpreps polls. They lost to 6A staple Manual by 10 points, which is a better guage of where they are than any of their other comfortable wins against lesser opponents. The Desales game is one of the last times it appears they may get really tested during the regular season. This is clearly a measuring stick kind of game as they are an unknown in the 5A realm. I like FC to take over John Hardin's old spot and meet the winner of BG vs Owensboro II in the State Semi-Final!

How good is Fern Creek? And do they have a legitimate chance to win the 5A State Championship?

1. Good Good.

2. Yes.

 

Fern Creek is used to playing with the big boys in Louisville, and they have continued doing that in the out-of-district schedule this year. They have only lost to a very good 6A Manual, and they only lost that game by 10 points. Fern Creek is going to do well in 5A.

 

I expect them to beat DeSales. I expect them to win their District. I expect them to win their Region. And I expect them to play Bowling Green in the Semi-Finals. Dare I say, "Could Fern Creek be the Graves County of 2015"?

  • Author
1. Good Good.

2. Yes.

 

Fern Creek is used to playing with the big boys in Louisville, and they have continued doing that in the out-of-district schedule this year. They have only lost to a very good 6A Manual, and they only lost that game by 10 points. Fern Creek is going to do well in 5A.

 

I expect them to beat DeSales. I expect them to win their District. I expect them to win their Region. And I expect them to play Bowling Green in the Semi-Finals. Dare I say, "Could Fern Creek be the Graves County of 2015"?

 

Historically speaking, the times I have seen Fern Creek play their line play was the issue, they had plenty of skill.

This is Fern Creek's District:

District 4 – Atherton, Doss, Fairdale, Fern Creek, Iroquois, Southern

This is Fern Creek's Region:

District 3 – Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, Nelson County, North Bullitt, Oldham County, South Oldham

District 4 – Atherton, Doss, Fairdale, Fern Creek, Iroquois, Southern

And, this is Fern Creek's Semi-State:

District 1 – Apollo, Christian County, Graves County, Marshall County, Owensboro

District 2 – Barren County, Bowling Green, Grayson County, Greenwood

District 3 – Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, Nelson County, North Bullitt, Oldham County, South Oldham

District 4 – Atherton, Doss, Fairdale, Fern Creek, Iroquois, Southern

They will definitely get to the semi-finals. If they win there, I like their odds in the finals game.

And I expect them to play Bowling Green in the Semi-Finals. Dare I say, "Could Fern Creek be the Graves County of 2015"?

 

:angrybird7: We just can't let that go can we! :isurrender:

I may have to sneak out and see this one. I'd really like to see Desales play too as I know they are really good.

I think most everyone in this thread is severely underestimating DeSales.

And do they have a legitimate chance to win the 5A State Championship?

 

Nope. No chance. Even if they are fortunate to make it to the finals I don't see them beating Pulaski County.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.