Elizabethtown/North Hardin predictions

gchs_uk9

Who Wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

North Hardin is deeper, faster and stronger than every team Elizabethtown has faced.

Elizabethtown has yet to see a passing team -- and that's what North Hardin is.

North Hardin also runs a fast offense. With many E'town players (8 or 9 I think) starting both ways, North Hardin could simply wear down the smaller Panthers.

North Hardin is deeper, faster and stronger than every team Elizabethtown has faced.

Elizabethtown has yet to see a passing team -- and that's what North Hardin is.

North Hardin also runs a fast offense. With many E'town players (8 or 9 I think) starting both ways, North Hardin could simply wear down the smaller Panthers.

Just like North Hardin wore down the smaller Caldwell county?

I think Etown wins this one going away. Spread teams are notorious for not liking to be physical and you better bring a squad if you want to take down Cecil. With Sullivan returning in a rb and corner capacity last week the Panthers automatically got better in the run game and it also improves their pass defense. Panthers take it 38-21

Just like North Hardin wore down the smaller Caldwell county?

Caldwell's roster is much bigger than E'town's.

Caldwell has fewer too-way starters.

Caldwell was playing at home after North had a long road trip.

Caldwell has Dee Cain.

I'm NOT saying E'town loses. E'town could very well win. If E'town does, it may run the table.

I think there are two concerns on E'town's schedule: Adair and North Hardin.

I just do NOT think it's clear, cut and dried that E'town wins going away.

Remember, John Hardin -- who not many people would have put Elizabethtown equal with this season -- had to pull away from North. John Hardin has a much better offensive line than E'town does. John didn't just blast North right out of the gate.

Also concerned about E'town's psyche. North Hardin is fuming and looking to make a name for itself. E'town might be riding too high after beating a North Oldham team which some people now feel was overrated anyway.

North needs this win more than E'town does. If E'town loses to North, eh. It loses to a 6-A program.

If North loses to back-to-back 3-A teams, then there's concern.

Do I think E'town can win? Yes.

Do I think it will be as easy as some think? No.

And I also think E'town's defense finally bends, if not breaks.

If E'town comes out and absolutely demolishes North Hardin, I'll come back and eat plenty of crow. I won't hide.

I can't wait to watch this game on Friday. It should be a great one. Should be a high scoring affair. North will score points on Etown. I just don't think it will be enough. Etown hasn't played anyone with North Hardin's offensive ability yet so it will be interesting to see how North performs on offense. Etown will score points because North has given up a bunch of points this year. My pick 42-28 Etown.