Is Boyle County the best team in 3A?

gchs_uk9

Is Boyle County the best team in 3A?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is Boyle County the best team in 3A?

Ask me again on Friday around 10:00 pm. If they beat Danville I'll be in state finals or bust mode. If they lose then my response will depend on how they lost the game.

They looked good last night and Central Hardin is better than I gave them credit for being.

After two games it's tough to tell. Being 2-0 says a lot, so an argument between Belfry and Boyle at 1 & 2 is in order. Right now I myself would go Boyle 1 Belfry 2. Then it's a cluster at 3-7......

Right now? I would say yes. Boyle beat Central Hardin in a close one and Bell County in a commanding game. Belfry won, but Tate's Creek isn't as strong as Central Hardin and it gave the Belfry D plenty of trouble. PT, Central and LexCath all lost to teams that were as good or worse than Central Hardin (though some of those games were close) and so while good, aren't quite at Boyle's level.

Will Boyle be strongest moving forward? Only time will tell.

Ask me again on Friday around 10:00 pm. If they beat Danville I'll be in state finals or bust mode. If they lose then my response will depend on how they lost the game.

They looked good last night and Central Hardin is better than I gave them credit for being.

I second this. But honestly we haven't seen much of Belfry and what we did see was alot of points given up. It's really too early to tell. Friday night for both teams will tell us much more.

I expect Belfry to handle Harlan County relatively easily. The Boyle County/Danville game will be a dandy and the playoff like atmosphere that comes with it will benefit both teams in the long run. With that said, I expect Boyle County to take care of business. Time will tell.

Right now yes.

That's two complete statement wins for Boyle. The Belfry win is a bit misleading. It is easy to skim over how good Belfry looked offensively and also to see a Final Scors that looked closer than how dominant Belfry was. With that said, Boyle appears to be clicking on both sides of the ball and Belfry is still having to improve.

A lot can happen this year and it wouldn't surprise me to see Belfry and LexCath pass Boyle... But I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Boyle returns to the Chuck Smith days of dominance.

Right now yes.

That's two complete statement wins for Boyle. The Belfry win is a bit misleading. It is easy to skim over how good Belfry looked offensively and also to see a Final Scors that looked closer than how dominant Belfry was. With that said, Boyle appears to be clicking on both sides of the ball and Belfry is still having to improve.

A lot can happen this year and it wouldn't surprise me to see Belfry and LexCath pass Boyle... But I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Boyle returns to the Chuck Smith days of dominance.

Agreed.

As of right now...I don't see how you can come to any other conclusion other than Boyle Co is the best team?!?!

And I'm not sure that a Chuck Smith coached team will actually "get worse" over the course of the year, which is everyone's goal...to get better and better and peak during the playoffs.

If Boyle Co stays healthy, they will be a big time contender in the end.

Ugh oh. Here comes trouble. That statement may create friction

Hahaha! Why would it create friction? He asked a question and I honestly answered it. Now I didn't mentioned any team that is better than Boyle Co. The question was are they the best in 3A? Way too early and with all do respect to their schedule and with the exception of Lincoln Co or Collins, their schedule favors them till they meet up with Lex Catholic. Correct me if I am wrong.

Ugh oh. Here comes trouble. That statement may create friction

I think even Boyle County fans realize it's too early to tell. Yes, Boyle County has two very impressive wins but the season is still young. Belfry hasn't had enough games under their belt for us to tell or make an accurate assessment. I can agree with Northerner's statement for now.