2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

Sounds like a fun one to watch. BSac wins league title & Pius the tourney title . . competition makes them all better.

I assume Mayer had a big game for Pius?

I'm very familiar with Pius 8th grade team. They've played a lot of fun games over their 3 years. Hoping they can finish it out with another regional title. No matter their fate, will go down as one of best Pius classes ever. Look forward to a few of them teaming up with BSac boys, et al, as Colonels.

Maher had a block with less than 10 seconds left that sealed the victory for Pius. BSac played what was probably their best all around game on Saturday night in the OLV tournament and beat a big, fast All Saints team. This was a little bit of sweet revenge for a couple of the players since it was All Saints that beat the Colonel Youth Football 8th grade team in the finals of the Greater Cincy mid-school division championship. With that win, BSac moves on to play next Saturday against... wait for it.... St. Pius!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maher had a block with less than 10 seconds left that sealed the victory for Pius. BSac played what was probably their best all around game on Saturday night in the OLV tournament and beat a big, fast All Saints team. This was a little bit of sweet revenge for a couple of the players since it was All Saints that beat the Colonel Youth Football 8th grade team in the finals of the Greater Cincy mid-school division championship. With that win, BSac moves on to play next Saturday against... wait for it.... St. Pius!

So who did all of the scoring for Pius?

Wondering why in the brackets (boys).... that the 4/5 seeded games aren't cross-seeded with opposing conference. It's not that way in the rest of tournament...

What's the logic?

Could it be that the 4 v 5 game is more of a play in game?

If so they the next round with all remaining teams are all still crossed as 1 v 4/5 and 2 v 3 games.

Could it be that the 4 v 5 game is more of a play in game?

If so they the next round with all remaining teams are all still crossed as 1 v 4/5 and 2 v 3 games.

The "play in" should be 6/7 imo. That way all kids get a chance in a minuscule 14 team league. Otherwise, kids play 20-25 games for no reason, essentially.

If they brought back districts to these conferences, or divisions and you play in a district/division-esque tournament and that is what begins the post season, that's fine. But, having only one tournament, in a league with few teams, all should play. Just my opinion. Last years set up was nice.

1 bye. 6/7 play in game

2 v. 5 (legit benefit of being a 2 seed)

3 v. 4

I look at Twenhofel for example. A team playing its best ball in its 2 years of MS gets no shot. And, they beat Holmes who is the 4 seed (7th grade). I know you shouldn't look at one matchup.

My opinion is the regular season should be about player progression and team progression, not solely winning games. These kids are still at a very fundamental age.

Sounds completely illogical to me. That said, I hope it's a great tournament and good luck to all teams.

The "play in" should be 6/7 imo. That way all kids get a chance in a minuscule 14 team league. Otherwise, kids play 20-25 games for no reason, essentially.

If they brought back districts to these conferences, or divisions and you play in a district/division-esque tournament and that is what begins the post season, that's fine. But, having only one tournament, in a league with few teams, all should play. Just my opinion. Last years set up was nice.

1 bye. 6/7 play in game

2 v. 5 (legit benefit of being a 2 seed)

3 v. 4

I look at Twenhofel for example. A team playing its best ball in its 2 years of MS gets no shot. And, they beat Holmes who is the 4 seed (7th grade). I know you shouldn't look at one matchup.

My opinion is the regular season should be about player progression and team progression, not solely winning games. These kids are still at a very fundamental age.

Sounds completely illogical to me. That said, I hope it's a great tournament and good luck to all teams.

Completely agree, and thought it worked well last year. Disappointing they changed it and some teams now get no tournament.

Just stating what I saw in the bracket as to why 4/5 are playing same conference.

Completely agree, and thought it worked well last year. Disappointing they changed it and some teams now get no tournament.

Just stating what I saw in the bracket as to why 4/5 are playing same conference.

Understand. My mistake. I thought you were potentially explaining the logic of why only 5 got in the tournament as opposed to 7. Probably right in the cross-seeding.

Conner 7th finished @ 17-3 for the season...Lost to Highlands and split with IHM and Ockerman. Had nice wins over Campbell County and Woodland early in the year.

What are some other records of the teams in the tourney?