2015-16 11th Region

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many ways can a person say the same thing? No one is disputing Lafayette will be in the mix. They don't have anyone that can replace Lucky Jackson and what he brings to the table.

PLD

Henry Clay

Station

Lafayette

I don't know if you know this, but Lafayette will be a force in the 11th. :lol:

Whoa, best coach in region is getting carried away, loaded with good coaches

Feldhaus, Hicks, Brown, Chalk, Tommy, Salsman, Hundley, Valentine just to name a few, pretty good list, like Mendenhall too. When you look at Lafayette and the history they have good talent, they were loaded last 2 years. Wide open region with great coaches.

Im not very familiar with Dunbar's roster, but if it's similar to last years then they will be a force to reckon with. I was very impressed with them when they played Mason County last year.

Dunbar has their top 7 players back from last season. Taveion Hollingsworth and Dontell Brown did not play when Dunbar faced off with Mason County last season.

Scott County will be very young but have a lot of players. You could see a team full of Freshman and sophomores playing significant minutes. Look for Moreno, Long, Fluker, Williams, and Covington to all play as freshman. Also look for sophomores Robb(started at PG late last year), Davis, Fryman, and Thompson. Juniors Watts, Hamilton, Lewis. Only seniors are Guyn and Damron. Several of young players to build for the future but don't be fooled they will compete. Now several of these kids play football and are all big players for the Cards playoff hopes. Freshman Covington, Sophomores Davis, Robb, Fryman Juniors Watts, Hamilton, (All start on football team). Once they all get in the groove they will be able to compete at a high level in my opinion.

Lafayette returns 6 of their 7 key players. Ross Jenkins will Anchor this group that is truly a complete team. With Jaelin Jenkins coming off a stellar summer of AAU ball running the show at pg. Harrison lane may be the best shooter in the region. When he heats up definetly sumthn to watch. Jajuante Carpenter steady at the off guard position. T.J. Downey played tremendously off the bench last year and will see more action this year. Lafayette definitely a team to watch n the 11th.

With the exception of the Ross kid, Lafayette does return good players, but all those players you mentioned, they lack height. Players you mentioned are all 5'9- 5'10 at most. And yes I saw majority of their games from last season.

Lafayette and Dunbar will battle for the district title. Coming off a nice year last year Lafayette fields their top 4 from last year Jealin Jenkins PG

Harrison Lane SG

Jajuante Carpenter SG

RossJenkins C

With a healthy dose of T.J Downey this team is poised to make a run.

Yes u are right @Northerner. With that being said same situation they were in last year beating a tall Trinity and a Tall Bryan Station last year(twice). They will b tested this year for sure but Coach Mendenhall has got plans for this group as they compete in Canton and Akron (St V) this Xmas. I'm eager to see what or how the "height" as you say effects them. I believe they will be in the thick of things and won't be surprised if they are in the forefront. Very talented squad

mooremiller31 is accurate to some extent but I question Luke Johnson(out last season) Trevor Hill(out last season). No Harrison Lane Jaelin Jenkins T.J Downey or Jajuante Carpenter on list. We got a good look at these kids last year whonplayed a vital role in Lafayettes success. I do believe I see Leander Ridgeway on the list. I don't know about that selection. I'm also hearing Lafayette has a good group coming up behind their core group of seniors. Definetly the team to watch in my estimation.

Scott Co is geared to make a run n a year or so. At the same time young talent wise I believe Tates Creek will b a force as they start their rebuilding years under Mike Allen. He has a transfer or two. Tates Creek and Scott Co in the same light as far as up and comers. Right now its Lafayette Dunbar and Henry Clay with Bryan Station in the mix as well. This region is loaded for sure. The 43rd will be the district to watch. Lafayette and Dunbar will battle for that. I expect exciting games all season