2015-16 11th Region

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunbar, Henry Clay, Lafayette, and Bryan Station would probably be the top 4 teams in the region in no particular order of the season started today. Having said that I think LCA and Lexington Catholic will be right in the mix by the end of the season. Of course Scott County is the great unknown because you just don't know who they are gonna have. As far as top players, in no particular order....

Taveion Hollingsworth

Darius Williams

Jordan Lewis

Isaiah Tisdale

Leander Ridgeway

DeAndre Dishman

Andre Davis

Ross Jenkins

Anthony Robinson

Luke Johnson

Tre King

Kyle Rode

Trevor Hill

Those are all guys that I see being a little above the rest in the region.

Add Jake Duby from Sayre to that list.

From the southern part of the region, pay attention to:

Tanner Kidwell- Madison Southern

Stacy Burns- Madison Southern

Terique Miller- Madison Central

John Williams- Madison Central

Ephraim Otieno- Model

Alex Chen- Model

Madison Southern and Model will each have one of their better teams in recent memory.

Preseason favorite has to be Dunbar, best group of starters in the 11th. Their schedule is a work of art, tack the 43rd district and 11th region tournaments on the end of it and you could have one of the toughest schedules ever. Hope they don’t peak too early or burn out, but glad to see how much coach Chalk believes in his team in setting this up.

Sleeper has to be Lafayette. Experience and depth at every position, lots of senior leadership and hungry from lots of “almost-there” the last couple of years, very balanced – can beat you multiple ways, a quality big, a good coach. No big names also might mean better chemistry.

Players: Taveion Hollingsworth had an amazing AAU season at the national level. He, Williams, and Brown will get lots of deserved headlines for Dunbar. Really liked Station’s DeAndre Dishman at KBA in May, he could break out big – hit the books, kid, someone might want to pay your way to college. Ross Jenkins from Lafayette will put up big numbers. I think Brown at Dunbar and King at LCA still have lots of upside potential. Haven’t seen the Price kid at LexCath, but having college interest before hitting the varsity floor makes me eager to check him out.

jmo

What's the name of this " price kid " out of Lex Catholic? Just curious.

Preseason favorite has to be Dunbar, best group of starters in the 11th. Their schedule is a work of art, tack the 43rd district and 11th region tournaments on the end of it and you could have one of the toughest schedules ever. Hope they don’t peak too early or burn out, but glad to see how much coach Chalk believes in his team in setting this up.

Sleeper has to be Lafayette. Experience and depth at every position, lots of senior leadership and hungry from lots of “almost-there” the last couple of years, very balanced – can beat you multiple ways, a quality big, a good coach. No big names also might mean better chemistry.

Players: Taveion Hollingsworth had an amazing AAU season at the national level. He, Williams, and Brown will get lots of deserved headlines for Dunbar. Really liked Station’s DeAndre Dishman at KBA in May, he could break out big – hit the books, kid, someone might want to pay your way to college. Ross Jenkins from Lafayette will put up big numbers. I think Brown at Dunbar and King at LCA still have lots of upside potential. Haven’t seen the Price kid at LexCath, but having college interest before hitting the varsity floor makes me eager to check him out.

jmo

Ill take Scott County or Lexington Catholic or Lafayette. Plain and simple. The first two (Scott and LC) have won 8 of the last 10 region titles combined. Lafayette has the best coach in the region. Pre-season rankings are meaningless. One of those three will represent the 11th region in Rupp next March.

• 1 month later...

Jaelin Jenkins

Harrison Lane

Jajuante Carpenter

U guys must not have watched that Lafayette team last year. They are bringing back 5 of their top 7 last year

Sparksfor3 you must be one of the smartest basketball minds on here. I look to Lafayette to come out of the 11th. May seem like a long shot but as season goes on will make a lot of sense

Lafayette returns 6 of their 7 key players. Ross Jenkins will Anchor this group that is truly a complete team. With Jaelin Jenkins coming off a stellar summer of AAU ball running the show at pg. Harrison lane may be the best shooter in the region. When he heats up definetly sumthn to watch. Jajuante Carpenter steady at the off guard position. T.J. Downey played tremendously off the bench last year and will see more action this year. Lafayette definitely a team to watch n the 11th.