Reporter and cameraman were shot and killed live on air

HammerTime

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is both.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/vester-flanagan-outraged-common-phrases-racist-article-1.2340393

The madman who murdered two Virginia journalists on live TV was a sparkplug whose hair-triggered temper was set off by everyday phrases he deemed racist.

The easily-agitated Vester Lee Flanagan may have gunned down his former colleague Alison Parker over common work-place expressions the 24-year-old TV reporter used, including going "out in the field," according to an internal complaint the disgruntled man had filed.

Flanagan, who went by his professional name Bryce Williams, griped about discriminatory remarks he claimed Parker made twice while she was an intern at WDBJ in Roanoke in 2012, assistant news director Greg Baldwin penned in a Jan. 21 memo.

"One was something about 'swinging' by some place; the other was out in the 'field,'" Baldwin wrote.

The 41-year-old Flanagan, who is black, took his white coworker's phrases as a reference to cotton fields, according to a report.

"One was something about 'swinging' by some place; the other was out in the 'field,'" Baldwin wrote.

The 41-year-old Flanagan, who is black, took his white coworker's phrases as a reference to cotton fields, according to a report.

"Alison made racist comments," Williams tweeted. "They hired her after that???. . . Adam went to hr on me after working with me one time!!!"

Flanagan was also irked when a manager once brought in watermelon for all employees, which he said was a slight to his skin color.

"He was victimized by everything and everyone and could never quite grasp the fact that he was the common denominator in all of these really sometimes serious interpersonal conflicts that he had with people," said Dan Dennison, who was the news director at WDBJ during Flanagan's tenure.

The tormented worker's flaring tantrums also extended out of the newsroom.

Flanagan reamed out a downtown Roanoke bar in a 20-page screed because no one thanked him for his service as he left, according to the bar's manager.

The unhinged diner unleashed verbal hell on Jack Brown's Beer & Burger Joint workers after a visit about three or four months ago, criticizing them for telling customers to "have a nice day" instead of "thank you."

"You could tell he was really angry," general manager Heather Fay said. "It was bizarre, for sure."

Flanagan, whose frequent outbursts had been flagged to supervisors by several colleagues, told Baldwin he wanted to put the past behind him and “be a team player.”

“I want to put a period on the end of the sentence,” Flanagan said, according to the memo. “I want this to be over.”

A Life of Listing Grievances, and Then a Final Homicidal Explosion

After he was fired from the Roanoke station in February 2013, Mr. Flanagan seethed again. He filed another harassment lawsuit, and served as his own lawyer. So angry one day after what he called “an awful chain of events,” he writes that he killed his two cats and drove to a forest, where he dug a grave and covered the bodies with leaves and a flower.

Lots of red flags there. This guy had serious issues.

But much of it is in hindsight. He masked his rage and demons among people who did not work with him or others he encountered from a distance. I mean, if not for what he left behind we would not know about the killing of his cats.

This text has haunted me since Wednesday because I see it here very much in reality. Genesis 4

So it came about in the course of time that Cain brought an offering to the Lord of the fruit of the ground. Abel, on his part also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the Lord had regard for Abel and for his offering; but for Cain and for his offering He had no regard. So Cain became very angry and his countenance fell. Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.” Cain told Abel his brother. And it came about when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him.

The crouching beast overcame this guy and devoured him, and others.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's how sick and stupid some people are.

The boyfriend of the slain reporter is getting tweets and FB posts telling him that this was a fake event by the US govt. Some even claim that HE is a hired actor and isn't really her boyfriend. The govt set this up so that the New World Order can come in and take guns away from US citizens.

Imagine this guy's grief and then having to put up with jackholes like these people.

Here's how sick and stupid some people are.

The boyfriend of the slain reporter is getting tweets and FB posts telling him that this was a fake event by the US govt. Some even claim that HE is a hired actor and isn't really her boyfriend. The govt set this up so that the New World Order can come in and take guns away from US citizens.

Imagine this guy's grief and then having to put up with jackholes like these people.

They are everywhere, and some may even be reading this.

They are the worst form of scum. Worst.

I am here to tell you, it tragically happened. And still shakes the hearts of many who knew either of them.

Here's how sick and stupid some people are. The boyfriend of the slain reporter is getting tweets and FB posts telling him that this was a fake event by the US govt. Some even claim that HE is a hired actor and isn't really her boyfriend. The govt set this up so that the New World Order can come in and take guns away from US citizens. Imagine this guy's grief and then having to put up with jackholes like these people.

Unfortunately, the liberals do sit around and wait for stuff like this to happen to push their agenda.