Reporter and cameraman were shot and killed live on air

HammerTime

Reporter: He claimed she made racist comments.

Camerman: He was mad that the camerman went to HR an file some sort of claim against him.

The truth, beyond his delusions, was that Alison ascended faster, farther in a short time than he had in a much, much longer time in his career. She was epitome of all his rage because instead of seeing himself as the common denominator for all of his career failings, he saw people like Alison as the "lucky ones" who got all the breaks. Adam he hated because of the HR report he filed.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such a sad, heartbreaking story. My heart goes out to the families and loved ones of those involved.

On a side note, the term "hate crime" makes as much sense to me as "no-fault divorce."

In my book, a "hate crime" is any crime against another person regardless of race, sexual preference, etc...

One thing I think we can all agree on is this individual who murdered 2 people and injured a third was majorly messed up mentally. It is difficult for me to even try to understand the why(revenge, jealousy...)of doing such a heinous act. My thought is it wasn't a hate crime it was murder. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of all touched by those 2 remarkable young people as well as the those of the lady who was injured by this terrible & senseless tragedy.

To me' date=' this sounds more like a mental health issue rather than a hate issue.[/quote']

It is clearly a mental health issue but he also cited the Charleston incident and mentioned a race war. He put the initials of the Charleston victims on the bullets. He cited and challenged Dylan Roof. In my view it was retaliation for Charleston against his latest job that didn't work out.

He killed white people he KNEW and he was mad at.

His tweets about each person tell me it was personal. It was in response to something each of them did to him.

It's irrelevant if he knew them. His statements prove at least part of it was because they were white. I believe he mentioned being treated bad by black men, but he didn't kill or target any black men.

How did the shooter know about the remote? Was it pre announced?

I asked that earlier. Later I heard a news person explain that often times the reporter does a remote multiple times in the morning. So she may have been on at 6:00 and the shooter saw where they were.

Not ignoring it at all.

Had he killed you or I then I'd be in agreement. He killed two people KNEW and had a BEEF with.

Two different things IMO.

I don't agree with the "hate crime" delineation to start with...but, that aside...I'm just not following your logic on this at all.

So, it can't be a hate crime if the perpetrator KNEW the victim...even after the perp made statements about hating that person, one of the reasons was her race?