Reporter and cameraman were shot and killed live on air

HammerTime

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“As for Dylann Roof? You ----! You want a race war ----? BRING IT THEN YOU WHITE ----!!!”

There's really no point in arguing about it because he's dead and can't be punished here, but he intentionally killed white people for a reason based on what I've read about him.

*Edit*

Congress has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.”

“As for Dylann Roof? You ----! You want a race war ----? BRING IT THEN YOU WHITE ----!!!”

There's really no point in arguing about it because he's dead and can't be punished here, but he intentionally killed white people for a reason based on what I've read about him.

*Edit*

He killed white people he KNEW and he was mad at.

His tweets about each person tell me it was personal. It was in response to something each of them did to him.

And his actions were motivated in part by their race, which meets the definition of a hate crime.

I agree that it meets the technical definition. It just doesn't apply real world to me.

Killing a gay man you don't know just because he's gay does. Killing a man of a different race JUST because he's of that race does. Killing a person who made you mad that you worked with AND happens to be of a different race doesn't make it a hate crime to me. Agree or disagree with the need for such a law all you want - this case doesn't seem to fit the spirit of the original intent of the law.

I agree that it meets the technical definition. It just doesn't apply real world to me.

Killing a gay man you don't know just because he's gay does. Killing a man of a different race JUST because he's of that race does. Killing a person who made you mad that you worked with AND happens to be of a different race doesn't make it a hate crime to me. Agree or disagree with the need for such a law all you want - this case doesn't seem to fit the spirit of the original intent of the law.

Are you completely disregarding his racist rants in his manifesto? Putting the Carolina church victims initials on bullets? Etc

Are you completely disregarding his racist rants in his manifesto? Putting the Carolina church victims initials on bullets? Etc

Not ignoring it at all.

Had he killed you or I then I'd be in agreement. He killed two people KNEW and had a BEEF with.

Two different things IMO.

So him saying "you want a race war? You got it." doesn't mean anything to you?

Not ignoring it at all.

Had he killed you or I then I'd be in agreement. He killed two people KNEW and had a BEEF with.

Two different things IMO.

Ok. I don't agree that killing someone you know eliminates it from being a hate crime. I do agree that it makes it murkier that it is a hate crime.

Ok. I don't agree that killing someone you know eliminates it from being a hate crime. I do agree that it makes it murkier that it is a hate crime.

There's a reason I put the AND in there. He knew them AND he was already mad at them from a personal interaction. Key.