3A Western Hills at 4A #4 Franklin County

Western Hills at Franklin County  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Western Hills at Franklin County

• Western Hills
    • Franklin County

Franklin County wasn't bad in their first game of the season against Shelby Valley. Sure, they put up 60 but there was that pesky 6 that they gave up to Shelby Valley. They'll try to put that disappointment behind them as they turn their eyes to Western Hills, a team they beat 42-6 last year. Will Franklin County make their case for a further climb up the rankings?

Would Robinson start for FCHS?

Not sure if he would start, it takes a lot to start at FCHS as a freshman, I can not think of many over the years who were starters as 9th graders unless it was a very down year. There is learning curve in that offense and defense that takes a while to get, and normally even very gifted kids, have trouble being as consistent as the ones who have been around a while. With that being said, they have a few I have seen so far that do an awful lot of things for the varsity, special teams and Freshman Dajuan Davis scored two TD's for the Flyers last Friday and played DB as well.

As far as the Robinson kid he would be on the field varsity wise for the flyers, not sure about a starter though.

Would Robinson start for FCHS?

I don't know much about Franklin Co and their depth but it would be VERY difficult to keep him off the field. I think the kid is D1 material. Changes direction on a dime and will flat knock your head off on D.

I agree he would be on the field, but the question was he a starter and FCHS has some pretty good skill kids. Bad thing for him is he is going to take a beating at Hills over the course of a season, and with his size and the style of offense and the schedule I hope he can stay healthy over the course of a few years for his body to develop to match his speed, and cutting ability, and vision, and explosion and all the other things he has!

last wins for hills was in 2008 and 2009....not really decades...but a improved hills team hopes to give the all mighty flyers a competitive game..lol...Robinson young man is doing very well, and he will not take a beating anymore than any other player, Miller seems to do a great job of pre-season work-outs, and I heard hills did a decent job in 7 on 7 this year, hopefully be a good game..