Louisville City FC - New Soccer Stadium

We have. Two trips to the conference finals in the last two years. Cincinnati has more money than any two other USL teams put together and what do they have? Two losses in three games this season.

:D

Enjoy the USL....We'll be in the MLS playing against the big boys.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol2: Right...They play at such a higher level in the lower-level USL.

USL doesn't tell Louisville City or FC Cincinnati what players they're allowed to sign. It doesn't impose a salary cap to keep things "competitive" while helping the richest clubs succeed through ever-expanding designated player rules. USL doesn't hold all player contracts centrally and assign rights based on their own whims like MLS does.

USL is run 100 percent better than MLS and the only difference is money. I'd kill for MLS to be operated like USL is.

Updated news as the team's board members have been speaking with the media at midday.

Louisville City FC seeks to build new stadium in Butchertown - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Team's proposal is that city will acquire the land and do the environmental cleanup. Then developers will buy the land back and a TIF district will aid in financing the $40 million stadium and $160 million in additional projects in the area.

Updated news as the team's board members have been speaking with the media at midday.

Louisville City FC seeks to build new stadium in Butchertown - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Team's proposal is that city will acquire the land and do the environmental cleanup. Then developers will buy the land back and a TIF district will aid in financing the $40 million stadium and $160 million in additional projects in the area.

I hope the city REEEEEEEALLY knows what they're looking at as far as environmental cleanup is concerned. There are so many unforeseens that come into play with that, and the pricetag associated with environmental cleanup work is absolutely staggering...even borders on incomprehensible sometimes.

I hope the city REEEEEEEALLY knows what they're looking at as far as environmental cleanup is concerned. There are so many unforeseens that come into play with that, and the pricetag associated with environmental cleanup work is absolutely staggering...even borders on incomprehensible sometimes.

With Challenger Lifts moving to that new facility over by the airport and that junkyard being over there, I'd imagine nothing much would happen on that 40 acres without some governmental group agreeing to help with environmental cleanup. It just would sit vacant.

We'll see what that means as far as money.

With Challenger Lifts moving to that new facility over by the airport and that junkyard being over there, I'd imagine nothing much would happen on that 40 acres without some governmental group agreeing to help with environmental cleanup. It just would sit vacant.

We'll see what that means as far as money.

In general, government money for brownfield cleanup is set aside years ahead of time. The trouble with it is that they give you a chunk of cash, and once that cash is used up, then you have to stop everything and re-apply for money, which will generally comes at least a year or more down the road. It makes the cleanup process a continuous sequence of stops and starts, and it drags out forever.

An example you might be familiar with is the Stearns and Foster mattress factory site in Lockland, OH just north of Cincinnati at the "Lockland Split" on I-75. You'd pass it on the way up to Dayton. It was given brownfield status in 1997. The city was finally allotted money in 2004 to begin demolition and brownfield abatement. The site wasn't cleared until 2015. My old office wasn't too far from there...you would see demo work going on for 4 weeks or so, and then the contractor would pull off the site completely and nothing would happen for 10 or 12 months. Then you would see a new contractor come in and do 3 weeks of work, and then they would move off the site and nothing else for 9 months.

I'm sure the city of Louisville is looking into all their options for funding, but I sure hope they have a big rainy-day-fund set aside for things to get hairy.

May have been discussed before. But how long, if ever, would it take the USA to go to relegation like in other countries? Most notably England. Seems legit and most every city has some form of a soccer club. If he MLS would be open to that, then stadiums like Louisvilles could be a realistic dream in a lot of cities