Louisville City FC - New Soccer Stadium

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team president Brad Estes mentioned offhand in an interview last week that the league has told him that they're going to be able to take their pick of teams to open this thing up against. Now, there will undoubtedly be some trial runs with the stadium in the preseason, but I'll be genuinely curious to see who's actually playing in that first game.

Gut tells me someone relatively local but that the front office thinks the team can beat. Birmingham or Memphis seem likely. Saint Louis and Indy are too talented, lol.

Team president Brad Estes mentioned offhand in an interview last week that the league has told him that they're going to be able to take their pick of teams to open this thing up against. Now, there will undoubtedly be some trial runs with the stadium in the preseason, but I'll be genuinely curious to see who's actually playing in that first game.

Gut tells me someone relatively local but that the front office thinks the team can beat. Birmingham or Memphis seem likely. Saint Louis and Indy are too talented, lol.

USMNT? :lol2:

Are there any "gentrification" issues around the stadium?

Very limited because it's not residential. The actual stadium site is an abandoned industrial area. Some of the surrounding areas have housing, but the "NuLu" area along Main and Market had already pressed into the Butchertown neighborhood before this project got going.

Louisville's gentrification efforts have not been moving anywhere near the pace of Cincinnati's. I'm surprised there aren't more problems in Cincinnati given the rate at which residents seem to be getting displaced in the neighborhoods north of downtown.

• 1 month later...

So the team finally dropped pricing info for tickets at the new stadium next year. I knew they'd go up, and I'm honestly not too disappointed. Still perfectly reasonable given that it's USL pricing.

Screen_Shot_2019-07-15_at_3.31.08_PM_large.png

They also released a full stadium 3D rendering in which you can click around and see the view from almost any seat in the house. It's pretty cool and I've been clicking around all morning see where I'd like my season tickets to be.

Louisville City FC | 3D Interactive Map

Those corner seats don't look too bad... I could see myself there.

The seats I have now are the rough equivalent to the grey areas on the map. The new price is nearly triple. :lol2:

As of now, I think we're looking at either the red or orange areas on the side behind the benches as the early favorite. Closer to double my current price, but that's definitely not a dealbreaker.

The seats I have now are the rough equivalent to the grey areas on the map. The new price is nearly triple. :lol2:

As of now, I think we're looking at either the red or orange areas on the side behind the benches as the early favorite. Closer to double my current price, but that's definitely not a dealbreaker.

I like a couple things after clicking around on the map... It looks like the rows aren't right on top of each other, which is always a good thing IMO. Also, I think it's cool that the supporter sections won't actually have seats. They'll really be able to pack people in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Seat selection for next year began yesterday. Started with Founding Members (those who bought season tickets before the team's first season), so we went on the first day.

In typical fashion, when it was our time, there were only four seats in the entire section that had been taken and they were the EXACT four we wanted. Lol.

Still, grabbed third row in Section 203. I'm pretty pleased.

Can't wait.

Seat selection for next year began yesterday. Started with Founding Members (those who bought season tickets before the team's first season), so we went on the first day.

In typical fashion, when it was our time, there were only four seats in the entire section that had been taken and they were the EXACT four we wanted. Lol.

Still, grabbed third row in Section 203. I'm pretty pleased.

Can't wait.

A buddy and I joke that any time we go to ANY sporting event, we always end up in the one row in the entire place that is completely full. :lol2:

Lynn Family Stadium.

Just announced this afternoon. It's an odd name for sure, but Dr. Mark Lynn and his wife Cindy have poured loads of money into soccer in town. They're now going to be on the front of both the professional and collegiate stadiums in town, having donated the lion's share of the money necessary to build UofL's stadium some years ago.

1) It's weird that there are basically going to be two Lynn Stadiums, each of which is a soccer-specific facility.

2) It's cool that this local family keeps pouring money into sports in Louisville. I don't know if he has any direct control of all those Visionworks stores anymore or if the various mergers and acquisitions have bought him out. Still, it's an interesting project to spend money on despite having very little to gain financially.

Edited by Getslow