"I bet there will be no more Beechwood games."

theguru

First of all, when I said no more Beechwood games, I was not talking about playing the game in the future.

I was talking about a coaching staff that blamed the kids for the lost to Highlands.

A staff that was pitting the offense against the defense, had a player tell me that it was like they wanted us to fight. Sitting players or calling them stupid for suggesting plays even thought they where told to so if they saw something.

There was a lot that happened that week that played into a team that was not ready to play, also losing your QB early didn't help.Yes Beechwood came to play and took it to CovCath and earn the win.

The team chemistry was disrupted by the coach staff, this was a close net team and they circled the wagon around each other.

I had a chance to talk to many player after the season and I was shocked to hear what was going on before and after that game.

I was disappointed when Coach Wirth left, but the more I talked to the kids and parents he maybe should have been fired after the Beechwood game or a least a couple of coaches.

That why I said in other post the attitude is 180 deg from last year.

This is my point. The entire philosophy was asinine. Couple that with a poor coaching ability and you have chaos.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood was just better than CCH last year.

8/30/14 CovCath 41 Dixie 7

9/5/14 Dixie 48 Beechwood 21

Beechwood was 100% better than CovCath the day they played, but the above scores, a week apart, would make your definitive statement about "last year" difficult for me to get my arms around. I most assuredly didn't have my shorts in a bunch after the game, but many I know who follow CovCath much more closely than I do felt like the Colonels were as "out of it" that day as possible. All credit to Beechwood, they showed up and punched them in the mouth, but you'd have to admit that something clearly wasn't right beyond just "Beechwood was just better...last year".

Either way, that is water under the bridge, changes were made (rightly or wrongly), the field has two tones now, and everyone moves forward. :bunny:

8/30/14 CovCath 41 Dixie 7

9/5/14 Dixie 48 Beechwood 21

Beechwood was 100% better than CovCath the day they played, but the above scores, a week apart, would make your definitive statement about "last year" difficult for me to get my arms around. I most assuredly didn't have my shorts in a bunch after the game, but many I know who follow CovCath much more closely than I do felt like the Colonels were as "out of it" that day as possible. All credit to Beechwood, they showed up and punched them in the mouth, but you'd have to admit that something clearly wasn't right beyond just "Beechwood was just better...last year".

Either way, that is water under the bridge, changes were made (rightly or wrongly), the field has two tones now, and everyone moves forward. :bunny:

That CCH Dixie score is one of the weirdest scores of the season last year. If those two teams played 10 times, I have a hard time seeing CCH win more than 2, let alone win by that score. Brossart learned that his team was a run first team in that game, instead of trying to pass the ball all over the place like he did versus CCH.

That CCH Dixie score is one of the weirdest scores of the season last year. If those two teams played 10 times, I have a hard time seeing CCH win more than 2, let alone win by that score. Brossart learned that his team was a run first team in that game, instead of trying to pass the ball all over the place like he did versus CCH.

In a game that didn't matter Dixie should have been working on their passing game because their lack of a passing game is what gave them no chance in the finals. Not to derail the thread or anything...

In a game that didn't matter Dixie should have been working on their passing game because their lack of a passing game is what gave them no chance in the finals. Not to derail the thread or anything...

The problem was they opened up the game trying to pass the ball and before they knew it, the game had gotten away from them.

In the immortal words of Oddball, 'Enough with the negative waves baby'. Good days are ahead .....just give it a little while

I never know what to expect here so who knew we'd be seeing a Kelly's Heroes reference today. Followed up with:

"...Just drinking some wine, eating some cheese and catching rays baby."

Really though- can't wait to this group of boys get to work Friday- great kids, great Seniors and they all deserve the best.

The last staff had some issues (what staff is perfect) but it's silly to paint the whole group as "know nothing's" - there were some VERY good and knowledgeable coaches last year. Coaches who really cared about the kids and kids who cared about them.

So what's done is done and everyone has moved forward.

Go Colonels!

:popcorn: You just have to love this time of the year.

Me too because when it comes time for the CCH/Beechwood game this year we are going to figure out what players are men and what players are boys. And that goes for both teams.

I freely admit it is easier for Beechwood to show up because Beechwood's schedule is Cupcake Central compared to CovCath's schedule. However, that is no excuse for CCH because along with Grant County, Beechwood is the Cupcake on CovCath's schedule.

Me too because when it comes time for the CCH/Beechwood game this year we are going to figure out what players are men and what players are boys. And that goes for both teams.

I freely admit it is easier for Beechwood to show up because Beechwood's schedule is Cupcake Central compared to CovCath's schedule. However, that is no excuse for CCH because along with Grant County, Beechwood is the Cupcake on CovCath's schedule.

Are you saying that last year the Beechwood players were men and the Cov Cath players were boys?

Edited by Voice of Reason