St. X down or SK on the rise?

What does the scrimmage mean?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What does the scrimmage mean?

• SK is on the rise
    • St. X is down
    • A bit of both 1 and 2
    • Nothing, it was only a scrimmage

Using your logic concerning Coach Glaser, Trinity fans have to be extremely pleased with Coach Wolford then, correct?

Speaking strictly for this Trinity guy I'm loving the direction of the X program. I can't tell you the number of self righteous X fans that gave me grief because Trinity went national when they hired Beatty. Maybe, just maybe if X would ever get over the STUPID STUPID STUPID premise that the only people that can coach at X are X people they would do better. Who knows???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking up! Now all of sudden it is a X down year? Better team won! Take note Trinity we have the recipe to beat a private school we are coming!

Love your enthusiasm for your team, but I do not believe they could score on T's defense. Rocks defense is far beyond what you saw from X last night and T won't give you free points from their offense. You will fare no better than Meade or Dixie did last year in the playoffs. Good luck to all teams out there as REAL football starts this week.

Wolford just does not get the players to play with the same passion that Glaser did. While some disagreed with what Glaser did schematically, he got the players to play HARD, to play together as a team, and to believe in each other. I place some of that blame with the laid-back demeanor of Wolford, and I place some of the blame on the administration for hiring a coach that is not a teacher and is not in the building all the time. I think a teacher in the building can build a different relationship with players than a paraprofessional.

I don't know what T's record is against SK but I do know that the cumulative scores from all games is somethingty-something to 0 in favor of T. X may be down this year but I'd bet a dollar to a donut that T is more fearful of the Tigers lining up against them than they are of facing off against SK.

And while I am not a Glaser fan by any means, he would have won state 2 years ago with Charles Walker in his system. Wolford (though he won the regular season game against T last year) has taken the program in an overall downward direction, IMHO.

X has 179 kids on their roster and 30 plus Seniors it is not a down year!

At T and X we don't call years "up or down" based purely on roster numbers, that is patently absurd. We call them up or down based on the product on the field. We know a program is more than numbers. Maybe one day some SK folks will get that too, besides you have to actually do something impressive to get this "respect" you seem to want for SK. Do more than get crushed by Dixie, beaten by Butler or being held scoreless by the Rocks in every meeting and then maybe we'll talk.