• SK is on the rise
    • St. X is down
    • A bit of both 1 and 2
    • Nothing, it was only a scrimmage

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say St X with their new offense which should be designed around speed and after hearing the details

of how they looked they are down.

They may may be running the wrong offense from what it sounds. They don't have the speed for a spread offense it

slinds like.

Cracking up! Now all of sudden it is a X down year? Better team won! Take note Trinity we have the recipe to beat a private school we are coming!

Oh this is just precious. If I could bottle up your enthusiasm and sell it we could make so much money.

Beating an X team that doesn't have a solid identity in a scrimmage is a good stepping stone for SK. That said it isn't the same as beating, or even competing, with a T team with a clear identity, philosophy, stable coaching staff, and many returning players from last year's championship team. SK may be on the rise and X may be on a slide. This may help SK build up confidence, but as DH and Meade County discovered last season just believing isn't enough.

I will give SK credit for one thing though. They seem to understand the need for a balanced offense better than most big schools outside of Louisville.

From everyone I speak to in X land they all feel like it's going to be a down year, and this was before the scrimmage, whether this is the case or not who knows, the season will soon tell.

All boys school with over 1000 kids and have a down year on the football team? Not SK's problem! :D

From everyone I speak to in X land they all feel like it's going to be a down year, and this was before the scrimmage, whether this is the case or not who knows, the season will soon tell.

That doesn't make sense to me, your the second biggest school in the state, you dont have down years with that talent pool, unless their are issues inside the system.

At some point, X has to look around and realize they basically fired a KY Hall of Fame coach in favor of hiring a Youth League coach. They have had constant turn over. They've been atrocious on either offense or defense depending on the year. It's a shame what a few people (and I'm not talking about the current coaches) can do to a program when they have a misguided agenda.