Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X down or SK on the rise?

What does the scrimmage mean? 73 members have voted

  1. 1. What does the scrimmage mean?

    • SK is on the rise
      6%
      5
    • St. X is down
      27%
      20
    • A bit of both 1 and 2
      35%
      26
    • Nothing, it was only a scrimmage
      30%
      22

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What do the results of the scrimmage mean? I wanted to get people's opinions on this and thought a poll would be a good way to do it.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say St X with their new offense which should be designed around speed and after hearing the details

of how they looked they are down.

 

They may may be running the wrong offense from what it sounds. They don't have the speed for a spread offense it

slinds like.

Both.

 

Even with the new OC aside... I think it shows the gap between the two is minimal or non-existent.

 

Have to give credit where it is due... SK proves they could go toe to toe

Cracking up! Now all of sudden it is a X down year? Better team won! Take note Trinity we have the recipe to beat a private school we are coming!

Cracking up! Now all of sudden it is a X down year? Better team won! Take note Trinity we have the recipe to beat a private school we are coming!

 

Oh this is just precious. If I could bottle up your enthusiasm and sell it we could make so much money.

 

Beating an X team that doesn't have a solid identity in a scrimmage is a good stepping stone for SK. That said it isn't the same as beating, or even competing, with a T team with a clear identity, philosophy, stable coaching staff, and many returning players from last year's championship team. SK may be on the rise and X may be on a slide. This may help SK build up confidence, but as DH and Meade County discovered last season just believing isn't enough.

 

I will give SK credit for one thing though. They seem to understand the need for a balanced offense better than most big schools outside of Louisville.

Makes you wonder what kinda changes are going to happen at the end of the year for X.

Makes you wonder what kinda changes are going to happen at the end of the year for X.

 

I would say they are furious at X right now! SK has open enrollment come check us out. :D

Cracking up! Now all of sudden it is a X down year? Better team won! Take note Trinity we have the recipe to beat a private school we are coming!

 

We have some tough sledding to get through in Louisville before you'd ever have to worry about us, just see last year

We have some tough sledding to get through in Louisville before you'd ever have to worry about us, just see last year

 

I don't care about last year I care about this December see you soon!

From everyone I speak to in X land they all feel like it's going to be a down year, and this was before the scrimmage, whether this is the case or not who knows, the season will soon tell.

From everyone I speak to in X land they all feel like it's going to be a down year, and this was before the scrimmage, whether this is the case or not who knows, the season will soon tell.

 

All boys school with over 1000 kids and have a down year on the football team? Not SK's problem! :D

All boys school with over 1000 kids and have a down year on the football team? Not SK's problem! :D

 

I didn't say it was, my comment had nothing to do with the scrimmage, congrats to SK on a good performance, I would love for the NKY schools to be more competitive

From everyone I speak to in X land they all feel like it's going to be a down year, and this was before the scrimmage, whether this is the case or not who knows, the season will soon tell.

 

That doesn't make sense to me, your the second biggest school in the state, you dont have down years with that talent pool, unless their are issues inside the system.

I wish I still worked with my old boss he would fire me today! He was a X grad and told me SK would never beat X. I would laugh in his face today!

At some point, X has to look around and realize they basically fired a KY Hall of Fame coach in favor of hiring a Youth League coach. They have had constant turn over. They've been atrocious on either offense or defense depending on the year. It's a shame what a few people (and I'm not talking about the current coaches) can do to a program when they have a misguided agenda.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.